Notices

Weaning Before Detox

Old 11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weaning Before Detox

So I have my med detox scheduled for next week. But to shorten the stay, and ease the pain I have cut back my alcohol in half. And lo and behold, I am sweating and anxious as hell. I am not hitting more alcohol (my wife would kill me), but man, this sucks. What should this tell me? Anyone else do this route.

I am not moderating. I am titrating, like someone going off a medication.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm pretty sure you've heard this in one of your other threads if not from me...but tapering never worked for me.

It can be dangerous too Erosey, especially if you're doing it by yourself, & don't have any medical supervision.

is this the same inpatient detox you were talking about in September and early October?

D
Old 11-02-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cravings and anxiety often comes from one's mind when they're 'fighting' between using and wanting to quit.

Many here dropped their cravings when the TRULY DECIDED they don't need POISON BOOZE!

They didn't need it before they started... And they RECOVERED that knowledge.

Alcholics are a 7% US challenged minority... The 93% majority know how to have TRUE JOY.

I remembered I DON'T NEED POISON BOOZE!

I'll LIVE A SATISIFYING LIFE without poison.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm pretty sure you've heard this in one of your other threads if not from me...but tapering never worked for me.

It can be dangerous too Erosey, especially if you're doing it by yourself, & don't have any medical supervision.

is this the same inpatient detox you were talking about in September and early October?

D
Yes, it is one and the same. I finally was able to clear my schedule and make time for it. As for weaning, I read some docs recommend it if you can do it. But I am still going through detox medically. I just did not expect withdrawal symptoms like this.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've tried intentional tapers in the past, followed by a couple days off, but I usually ended up having a binge afterward that was horrible.

If you're doing a medical detox, I would ask your doctor what your best recourse would be.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I could not taper either, I would end up drinking nearly the entire bottle. I just went cold turkey last week and tomorrow will be day 10. The worst of my symptoms lasted 4 days. My blood pressure went from 148/98 last Friday (Day 4) to 102/76 (Day 9). I survived, and still went to work everyday too. I was scared sh!t out of my mind, but I figured the worst that could happen at work is passing out… and someone will call the ambulance.

Fear held me back, but I made it👍
Old 11-02-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ERosey View Post
As for weaning, I read some docs recommend it if you can do it. But I am still going through detox medically. I just did not expect withdrawal symptoms like this.
It is entirely possible to have withdrawal symptoms while tapering/cutting back/weaning. If it gets too bad don't be afraid to seek medical help. Better to be safe than sorry.