Notices

I'm back after exactly 2 years. need help with withdrawal

Old 11-02-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well then I must always be feeling anxiety cause I can feel these tiny dose ones work. And people say they are not for sleep. They work great for me. I just got up and I don't think I woke even once. Best sleep I've had in weeks probably. Now I have Valerian root and Melatonin to help next week. Just taking these every night for just this work week so I can make it through. No anxiety this morning but it may be after effects of the medicine.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Going to my family doctor today... Feel great this morning. Really only worked 2 days this week. This season is slow for me. I needed the extra reset this week. Last night was hard. I was so calm all day. Even watching my wife have a couple of those beers in the fridge did not bother me. Then the kids needed help with homework and with the issues my son is having and arguing with him I became really stressed. And outta smokes. I was OK in the end, got my sleep last night. I added back a little caffeine to my diet cause I was getting headaches and now they're gone. And this morning cooked some homemade corned beef and hash. This is one of the activities I am going to have to use to replace alcohol. Now Sat I go to an oyster roast where there will be alcohol. But I don't think that will be a problem. I won't stay late. It will be interesting to see what my doc says today...
Old 11-06-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

After a week I feel great. Have changed my habits. Instead of drinking today I am in the garage cleaning up my RC gear and have actually flown a few helis in the yard. Boy, am I rusty! I have determined with my doctor that what I felt really wasn't withdrawals at all, or not much of it. He said it takes time for withdrawals, they don't happen the next morning. He agreed it was a combination of things including the alcohol, lack of sleep, and general anxiety. I have to be honest with you guys, I had a few drinks last night, but that's it. And none today and I don't want it any more (actually less) than I did a few days ago. It actually didn't feel as good as I expected. Like what's the big deal? I don't need this. I guess I'm very fortunate to have it easy, but am also mindful how easy it can be to get back into bad habits. I woke this morning, saw about 1/3 of the wine in the bottle, and poured it down the sink. Not really guilty about it, but I know it was risky. Actually, I drank not cause I felt I needed a drink, like I usually do, but because that feeling had left. So far so good. No more alcohol this week. Herbal tea is my new friend. It also lets me "drink" something which is soothing in itself. I saved at least $50 last week in alcohol purchases, that's great.

Oh and my doc asked if I felt I needed outside help to quit. I replied I don't have any choice but to get this under control myself or I WILL end up needing help from an outside source.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

RCnut, there are many of us here who deal with anxiety. There are some simple ways to deal with anxiety without using medication. Try this for a few breaths and you will likely feel more calm. When you are anxious, your breathing becomes shallow and quick and this in turn, creates anxiety:

Belly Breathing:

Sit comfortably, with your shoulders, head and neck relaxed.

Breathe in slowly through your nose so that your stomach moves out.

Tighten your stomach muscles, letting them fall inward as you exhale slowly through your mouth.