Notices

Replacing alcohol with running

Old 10-08-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juhan View Post
Leasha24, are you still checking this post and if so, are you still running? And are there others out there running as part of their recoveries?
There's a pretty active general fitness subforum, I see you also posted in a cycling thread. Welcome to SR.

Here is an ongoing active fitness thread, you may find some kindred people there:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ll-2017-a.html
Old 10-08-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Running is awesome! I'm injured at the moment but I can't wait to get started again. So many possibilities now I've kicked the drink. (The pun shall stand!) Enjoy your day everyone and run an extra mile for me😀
Old 10-08-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
...One should include a regime of resistance training, stretching, physiotherapy, healthy eating and proper equipment to protect those feet, knees, hips, back and other body parts....
Wow I posted that nearly a year ago, thanks for bumping it up. I was an avid runner for years but my performance was degrading over the last couple of years before I quit drinking. When I quit drinking I had to quit running too, I was just to tired. Then pain set in to joints all over my body which served to prolong my stay away from the gym.

Nearly a year later and I finally feel well enough to start training again. It was very timley that this post should appear so that I can take my own advice.