Notices

A message for newcomers, we are here for you

Old 10-29-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A message for newcomers, we are here for you

I remember when I first joined in 2011. It was scary and liberating at the same time. I put it out there, wrote it down, for the world to see that I had a problem, and needed help. I reached out.

And then it was terrifying. Like once you ring a bell, it can't be unrung.

But, it was here that I found support, comforting words, empathy, unconditional positive regard for who I was, and acceptance. Not to sound hyperbolic, but it was kind of profound to find this place, populated with these great people.

Here is my important message to you, and my promise. Myself and others aren't going away if you go away. I relapsed, many times, and it was only here that I could admit it and let the shame go. Others helped me get back on my feet, remind me that I wasn't a failure at life, and most importantly, didn't judge me.

If you fall down, don't stay down. If you need to take a break from this neighborhood, do what you have to do. But if you come back, you will be welcome with open arms, and lifted up by people who have been where you are, and want to help you get to the other side.

Never think you aren't worth a second change, and never think we will judge you. This is where you can come when you feel there is no where else to go.

You have my promise.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
I remember when I first joined in 2011. It was scary and liberating at the same time. I put it out there, wrote it down, for the world to see that I had a problem, and needed help. I reached out.

And then it was terrifying. Like once you ring a bell, it can't be unrung.

But, it was here that I found support, comforting words, empathy, unconditional positive regard for who I was, and acceptance. Not to sound hyperbolic, but it was kind of profound to find this place, populated with these great people.

Here is my important message to you, and my promise. Myself and others aren't going away if you go away. I relapsed, many times, and it was only here that I could admit it and let the shame go. Others helped me get back on my feet, remind me that I wasn't a failure at life, and most importantly, didn't judge me.

If you fall down, don't stay down. If you need to take a break from this neighborhood, do what you have to do. But if you come back, you will be welcome with open arms, and lifted up by people who have been where you are, and want to help you get to the other side.

Never think you aren't worth a second change, and never think we will judge you. This is where you can come when you feel there is no where else to go.

You have my promise.
Or3rd, 4th, 5th......... chance. I honestly don't know how many times I failed but it was a bunch. Then one day the magic happened and I wanted to not drink more than I did.

Keep coming back