SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Tonight is the night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/399653-tonight-night.html)

ImDoneNM 10-28-2016 06:23 PM

Tonight is the night

I am not sure why I picked tonight but I did. Im not even sober at this moment. Every night I tell myself that this is the last night, I can't afford it either financially or physically...and yet every night I do it. I have quit before, once for almost 1 year, and sporadically in between. Most recently was 2 weeks long after a week long bender and began going through withdrawals and vomited blood and took myself to the hospital. but like I said that lasted 2 weeks and then "Oh why not". I've half heartedly worked the 12 steps and read the big book, but hey I'm smarter than they are. Lately I find myself at the convenience store every night after work with 18 stones in my hand. I know exactly where this lifestyle is heading, and every morning I tell myself this is the end of it, and every night when I get off I tell myself I lied.

I definitely need to be done. My physical health...and my wallet...cannot take it anymore. I want to be done, but we all know it takes more than just want to. I only talk to 2 people about it, because those 2 people are the only 2 people in my life that know what I am going through and are not judgmental. I live in a small town and I refuse to go to AA for personal reasons, so I hope I am placing hope here, and in my higher power.

least 10-28-2016 06:54 PM

Welcome to the family. :) There's lots of support and wisdom here. I hope we can help you get sober for good. :)

Simplicity4114 10-28-2016 07:08 PM

Welcome :) Tonight is as good as any! You're among friends here. Tomorrow I will have 6 months sober.....and it all started with a night like the one you're having.....and lots of support through sober recovery!

Quincy 10-28-2016 07:17 PM

Welcome ImDoneNM. This is a great place for support, advice and wisdom and is available 24/7.

Dee74 10-28-2016 07:20 PM

Hi and welcome ImDoneNM :)

One day I decided I'd had enough, I found SR, and I've not drink or drugged since.

It's been some pretty hard work at times, but so was drinking :)

you can do this :)

D

Delilah1 10-28-2016 07:46 PM

Welcome to SR!

resolute50 10-28-2016 07:58 PM

Welcome, a great resource here.

Verdantia 10-28-2016 08:06 PM

Welcome, ImDone. This is the perfect time to stop and there is so much love, support and advice here. Thinking of you.

Maudcat 10-28-2016 08:48 PM

why not tonight? Gotta start somewhere.

flguy1 10-31-2016 06:11 PM

You can do it! I could not even picture going a day without drinking...every day was the same..start around 4;30 or 5...just sit in a chair or go to the bar and drink until 9 and then go to bed and have a lousy night's sleep. Weekends WAY worse...
For Decades!!!
Today just got through 9th day without a drop. If I can do it You can do it!
1st step is always the hardest