SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Why would I think I can drive? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/399647-why-would-i-think-i-can-drive.html)

MovingForward1 10-28-2016 03:25 PM

Why would I think I can drive?

I can't walk down the hallway, can't consider getting mail, I'm so so sick in the head.

Delizadee 10-28-2016 03:48 PM

Are you ok MovingForward?

Dee74 10-28-2016 03:49 PM

what's goin on, MF?

D

Anna 10-28-2016 04:09 PM

We're worried about you.

PurpleKnight 10-28-2016 04:42 PM

Check in and talk with us!! :hug:

entropy1964 10-28-2016 04:49 PM

Drive? No. Dial 911 and go to the ER? Yes. Moving forward only you can do this.

SoberLifeForMe 10-28-2016 05:05 PM

MF1, please call for emergency medical assistance. I don't know your insurance, monetary, or other personal situation, but does any of that matter if you don't make it through this? Please make that call! And please, please, under no circumstance should you drive yourself!

Mattq2 10-28-2016 05:36 PM

Come on moving forward, we are all worried. Let's talk through it my friend

Sober'sBest 10-28-2016 05:52 PM

In my naïve days, I also occasionally had dangerous bac levels.

Its too easy with liquor and mixed drinks to exceed DEADLY bac levels!.

To survive, I'd force myself to drink much extra electrolyte fluids... seeking to purge bac... Also, I'd eat to support body functions like breathing and circulation... I'd also take vitamins.

Then learn LIQUOR CAN TOO EASILY KILL YOU!

(not to even mention drugs!)

Hevyn 10-28-2016 06:17 PM

We care - and always will, MovingForward. Hoping you're ok.

ImDoneNM 10-28-2016 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 (Post 6189279)
I can't walk down the hallway, can't consider getting mail, I'm so so sick in the head.

I can walk, but definitely shouldn't drive anything! We can do it together!

MovingForward1 10-28-2016 09:42 PM

I didn't drive anywhere, just considered it to stop the withdrawal. Thanks for caring.

CaptainHaddock 10-28-2016 11:10 PM

May I ask why you are making this so hard for yourself? You post that it is "hospital or death" and keep posting , but as far as I can ascertain not much has changed. If I did not misunderstand your post yesterday, you were drinking until you threw up. You know you need help, which is very important, but please now do something about it, we all care very much about you and anyone going through what you are at the moment.

Although quitting alcohol is very much in your own hands, you can "pass" at least some of the burden of the unpleasantness of withdrawal by involving others, whose duty will be to help you overcome this. I somehow think that you are unlikely to get through this on your own.

Forward12 10-29-2016 12:58 AM

Once you sober up, please go to the ER for detox and to get yourself into rehab.

Marissa41 10-29-2016 05:57 AM

I understand how bad you feel right now! If you continue to drink your liver WILL fail. I turned bright yellow, constantly vomiting, hemorraged with my monthly cycle and needed an blood transfusion. My liver was failing and then my kidneys started to fail. I was in the hospital almost 3 weeks almost dying. I had a severe case of alcoholic hepatitis and if you get to that point you have a 50/50 chance of survival! I went home walking with a cane at the age of 39! I could barely take care of myself! 3 months after that I had a seizure from stopping the medications I was on. I had 11 prescriptions and was sent home in" poor condition". I don't think the doctors thought I would live. They said I would have to be sober 6 months to get a liver transplant.

So please don't wait until it's too late. Go to the hospital while your vomiting and tell them the truth! It's the only thing that saved my life. Please do it for your child. The thing that kept me going back then is thinking how hurt she would be if something happened to me.

We all care about you and we all understand the crazy feelings that go along with alcohol and depression. But please reach out for that help!

Sober'sBest 10-29-2016 01:25 PM

Say MovingForward1,

Have you tried a daily Antabuse pill that stops any possible drinking?

Good Members,

Shall we help those here in great need by sending an e-payment to maybe their Wall Mart Pharmacy? Where each daily Antabuse pill is about $2.50

On Antabuse people can't hold in alcohol, and then feel desperately ill!

An initial prescription is required. That maybe available online.

I'd e-contribute.

Winslow 10-29-2016 01:52 PM

She's in no position to take antabuse,drinking on that can be deadly, plus docs want you to be a few days sober before starting it to be sure all the alcohol is out of your system and they are also making sure a person is following a recovery program during the course, MF,I really wish you'd check in hon,hopefully you're getting some rest

entropy1964 10-29-2016 04:16 PM

I just want to add that Antabuse will not stop one from drinking. It is used as a deterrent with a strong program of recovery. I think our friend movingforward needs to go to the ER and see what the Drs say.

Dee74 10-29-2016 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sober'sBest (Post 6190760)
Say MovingForward1,

Have you tried a daily Antabuse pill that stops any possible drinking?

Good Members,

Shall we help those here in great need by sending an e-payment to maybe their Wall Mart Pharmacy? Where each daily Antabuse pill is about $2.50

On Antabuse people can't hold in alcohol, and then feel desperately ill!

An initial prescription is required. That maybe available online.

I'd e-contribute.

Hi Sober'sBest

we don't allow fundraising here on SR for any reason.

I thank you for your big heart but it's just not appropriate to suggest this kind of thing here.

Appropriate medicines too are a discussion between doctor and patient, not us here. Things like antabuse are not suitable for everyone, for example :)

If MF decides they need medical help, I hope they will see their Doctor, and take instruction on meds and treatment from them :)

Dee
SR

Delizadee 10-29-2016 09:25 PM

How are you doing MF?

Really glad to hear you didn't drive, and I hope you are doing ok :hug:

We're here for you, k? You sound like you are feeling VERY rough. Is there anyone you are close to, a partner, friend, family member you could call to come stay with you while you get yourself stable enough to get some help?
And if you don't think you can't get yourself stable enough to do that, please go to the er.

But when you get clear headed enough to think about things, maybe now is the time to dig deep and really reach out, on here, and in real life, to get the help you need and want?

You deserve better than what is going on right now. Do you think you are ready for a change?

Can you get rid of the booze, push pause on life, see a dr, cuddle up at home under blankets or in the hospital if you need to, some comfy pillows, and some good recovery literature and lots of good fluids would help.
I really feel for you hun... I've been there lots. We're here for you.
So talk to us if and when you feel up to it.
:hug: