Notices

Recovered?

Old 10-28-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I recovered from my addiction, my dependency on alcohol, when I decided to never again drink. No matter what. I refuse to live in fear of something that can and will never happen.

While this is a matter of personal approach, I understand and sympathize with those who view their addiction differently. Perhaps they might be more at ease if they were to make that final and irrevocable decision to never again drink. There are things that need doing, and life that needs to be lived.

I don't understand those who post and say they have never heard of such a thing.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
I honestly do not think about drinking and I've moved on from all of my old drinking buddies. They've got the message that I'm now off the scene and do not contact me at all these days.

My thoughts now are looking at when do we move from seeking recovery to actually being recovered?
When you no longer concern yourself with whether or not you think about drinking, or whether or not you have a desire to drink. When you won't bother to mention 'not thinking about drinking', as if it were a good thing, because you know that it is no longer relevant either way.