Notices

Drinking again...

Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Munchkin,

Welcome to SR! I am so sorry about your husband's job, my husband lost his job a little over a year again, and I know how stressful that is.

I have found this site to be so helpful, especially the monthly classes. You should join the October class, it helps to have others at the same point in their journey.

Glad you are here!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Munchkin,
I'm so sorry for all you're going through.
Just tell yourself this: drinking again is doing nothing but pushing pause on your pain. There is only one way to deal with the pain of the problems in your life, and that is walking through it and working through the pain.
Please be kind to yourself, and know you're not alone. But you don't have to prolong your suffering by continuing to drink. I hope you choose to be sober
Old 10-21-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Munchkin94 View Post
AA is not an option for me as I am anti-social...really don't like talking to people :-( the last time I was sober was due to this forum. I never posted but I read everything people said. I know I can do it again, I just have to want it but with everything happening right now it's a tough choice...
Maybe you could still get the AA message and enhance your spirituality by reading AA literature, working the steps via a workbook, and listening to AA speakers on your phone. It's better than nothing.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR munchkin, I have a good feeling that you're going to beat this.

Go for it!
Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Munchkin!!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Munchkin, I stopped drinking during an extremely stressful time in my life....you can do it! It always seems like the answer until you wake up the next day and are like wtf did I just do? Alcohol makes everything worse. But you know that. :-) Take care and keep posting.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well it's obviously been a few weeks since I posted that and I picked up drinking right where I left off :-(
Today is day 2...again.... I decided to quit on a Friday this time so I can sleep all weekend and that's pretty much what I'm doing. I don't want to drink anymore and so today I didn't and I won't!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You can absolutely make it through this sober.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Drinking is definitely not helping things. I've been picking fights with my husband which isn't helping his self esteem...I've been waking up around 4AM in full blown panic attacks so I'm done...God help me this time I am truly done
Old 11-05-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad you're back. please keep posting
Old 11-05-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome, I wouldn't be where I am without the people here, this is a good start.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Munchkin just go. TRy it. Try an AA meeting. Just one. Call the local AA office and ask them for the time and place of several open meetings (anyone can attend these).

I know you are an introvert and its difficult to be around people but you don't need to say a single word if you choose not to. You might want to just say "I'm Munchkin and I just want to listen today". Nobody will have a problem with that.If you want to add that it's your first AA meeting so much the better.

The people in meetings have all been (more or less) where you are now. They wanted to quit drinking and they had found it very difficult. There's allot of wisdom there you absorb just by listening. I'm sure you'll even find out who the introverts are if you stick around a bit.

In any event I wish you all the best.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you are back, how are you doing tonight?
Old 11-05-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi mucking 94 thank you for posting. Try to stop you are already experiencing tragedy in your life alcohol will make you sadder try to get help and coping skill I'm trying that too. life is not easy but hang in there. Thank you for being here.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Hi mucking 94 thank you for posting. Try to stop you are already experiencing tragedy in your life alcohol will make you sadder try to get help and coping skill I'm trying that too. life is not easy but hang in there. Thank you for being here.
Thank you for saying this. My girlfriend has two quotes hanging in her bedroom which I really love...one is "I never said it would be easy; I only said it would be worth it". So true, especially with those of us trying to sober up. It won't be easy, but I firmly believe it will be worth it, and I'll wonder why I hadn't done this sooner.

The other is "life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful". Sometimes, crap happens to us, and we think we have earned a drink. But the fact is, crap happens to us because that's just life. It doesn't mean we've earned anything; it just happened. Life is only as wonderful as we make it!
Old 11-05-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

What are your plans outside of SR? Have you considered SMART Recovery, Rational Recovery, SOS or LifeRing? I know AA and SMART have online meetings. It doesn't hurt to collect phone numbers of people that have been through this battle. Glad to see you posting here and good luck as you finish the weekend.