Notices

Withdrawal question

Old 10-19-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal question

Hi everyone I have been tampering off alcohol slowly for the last 5 days. I been drinking for 10 years (31 yrs old). I would drink about 375ml -500 ml a day of vodka for the last 2yrs almost everyday. Everyday I been cutting it down. Today I am going to be down to 4 beers a night. I used to drink morning and nights before. I wanted to tamper down myself because I can't afford a detox treatment. Symptoms I have had these five days is a little bit of restless and shakiness. Also I did have insomnia for a few days but now I been sleeping well. I haven't had any other issues. My appetite is great and I actually been getting back to exercise. I been eating salads, fruits and veggies everyday and that seemed to help alot. Anyways my main question is if I cut down from 4 beers to none is there a chance of a severe withdrawal? Thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

None of us can predict someone else's wothdrawal unfortunately - there's many other factors to consider than simply volume of alcohol drunk daily.

If you're concerned why not see your local Dr?

No ones going to pack you off to rehab - especially if you can't afford it, I promise

D
Old 10-19-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome back.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Livin,

You probably wont like this but if you are down to 4 beers a day...imo...I'm not a dr.....but you r ready to go clean....or go to 3 beers...etc.

No mattrr.., be ready for some physical and mental issues.

I am still messed up a bit at 18 months clean.

Mostly mental i think. Physically, i am mostly a beast.

It is going to take some time....2 or 3 months...to settle into sobriety.

Many folks...me included...struggle w this until they kindle enough to make a serious go at it.

Sobriety is amazing.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Livinitup!!
Old 10-22-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback. Today is day 8 for me. I tampered down to 4 beers on the 5th day and went cold turkey for the last few days. I can't believe how wonderful I feel so quickly. Appetite has been great and sleep is so restful. Sure beats a hangover lol. I sure don't miss the restlessness, pounding heart and shaky hands. For anyone who is trying to quit at the moment don't underestimate diet and exercise, it will heal you a lot faster. I just want to thank you all for your posts as I don't think I could have quit on my own because this forum has gave me so much knowledge that I couldn't have grasped on my own. My roommate was plenty of help. I had him hide my id and atm card for the first few days. He would just bring me beer at night. After 2 days I told him to give me the cards back to see if I could resist the tempatation. It was extremely hard to walk past a liquor store you always go to and not cave in. I think I walked back and forth for like ten mins before I decided to just go home and ride out the craving. This probably wasn't the wisest decision as I had only been freshly sober because it takes alot of willpower but I believe it helped me greatly to the path to recovery. I know that this is just the beginning and that real recovery is life long process because I know my AV could kick in anytime and try to trick me. I'm really glad this site and taught me about HALT(hunger,anger,loniness,tiredness). Those are few things I first try to address when I have a craving. I know I could start feeling PAWS soon as well so I will be ready for that. Anyways about to head to AA meeting right now. Anyways thanks again for your help and wish you all luck in overcoming this evil poison. Oh yeah btw my stomach is sore today but for once it isn't because of the booze, but because I worked out my abs yesterday. What a great feeling!
Old 10-22-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is FANTASTIC!!!^^^
Besides AA and SR, do you have a daily recovery plan to keep you strong as you move forward?
So happy to hear this, you should be proud of yourself
Carry on, warrior.