Notices

AA stuff

Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

AA stuff

Sorry i haven't been around been ill didn't end up going to the anime convention that morning i woke up and i was sick and couldn't go as it was really bad all av done in the last few days is sleep my meds are all mixed up as well as there was a point where i couldn't take them as i was so ill I feel tired and spacey because of all this
I want to go to an AA meeting but i cant tonight as my husband will not take me maybe tomorrow if am lucky depending on how i feel
i got a group i can go to before then and i can go for a coffee ( one ) with my husband after that group then go to the AA group
My husband still feels that am not going to AA for the right reasons
Yes i do have problems with drink and drugs there are times when i dont even think about getting drunk and using until av been to the shop and there is drink everywhere, my husband who has only drank 4-5 times but didn't like how it made him feel and that its a waste of money he dont drink at all now.
the last time he did it was only a glass of wine at his mothers wedding
Years ago he thinks i think that AA will help everything i know it will not help everything that is wrong with me but its like a stepping stone to that or am i looking at this all wrong ?
Maybe i am wrong
anyway i hope that you are all doing ok
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Uh, you're not going to AA for the "right reasons?" What reasons would those be? I don't understand your husband. He wants you to quit but he won't take you to AA, and admonishes you for wanting to go? That makes no sense.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

my husband has to take me there and back as my mental health is so bad that i cant go out on my own as i am a danger to myself my husband dont want to go into the meetings either and he hates waiting about for it to end for him to take me home again we dont have a car we get our traveled payed as i have a bus pass that i can get my husband to come with me and its free
and if he went home he be there for 5 mins and would have to come out again and get me sometimes he has no where to go while am in the group
my husband can take me to the one on Thursday as there a drop in on while am in the AA meeting there is also ones on a Monday thats is just down the road from my house ( only Mondays its on ) Saturdays sometimes we have my nieces staying every second Saturday so i cant go then
sorry if this is confusing my husband thinks that am fine without AA
Yes some days am good i dont think about it for days and then i get upset about something then i want to drink i cant have money just in case i get drink with it and or other things i can use to hurt myself with
My reason for going to AA is to get support with stopping drink and feelings of wanting to drink and also to get help with how i treat myself ( i have ago at myself all the time i have no confidence because of things in my past ) maybe that is a wrong reason as well
Av not had a drink 1 year and 7 months ago he dont get that its an on going thing that will never go away
he does care he just dont like the running about
Old 10-19-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think that you just need to remind your husband that you want/need to go to AA meetings and that they help you. If he will still keep taking you that is all that really matters, right? I hope you can find some help from your doctor to get your meds straightened out too - just remember to let your husband know what you need and when.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if you want to go to meetings you should go JF
sorry you've been sick tho. Take it easy, ok?

D
Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Can you live without drinking or going back to drinking? If life sucks when you are sober and you eventually drink, then there might be a problem called alcoholism. AA can help, if you work those steps honestly!
Old 10-19-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Between meeting you can always make use of some of the speaker recordings. I couldn't always go to a meeting every day either, but the recording did help between times. 5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!
Old 10-21-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Can you live without drinking or going back to drinking? If life sucks when you are sober and you eventually drink, then there might be a problem called alcoholism. AA can help, if you work those steps honestly!
Medically, alcoholism is characterized by the following:

A strong need to drink.
Loss of control - inability to stop drinking once one has started.
Physical dependence - withdrawal symptoms upon cessation.
High tolerance for alcohol.

It has nothing to do with the perceived quality of one's life while they are sober.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome ThatWasTheOldMe

One of the great things about this place is we can all work together to help others, regardless of whatever differences there may be in our beliefs

Good to have you here

D