Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-21-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Quick hello to everyone.

I'm doing ok today. A couple of days have passed and I have cleared up the remaining mess, (i.e. got rid of the evidence) from Tuesday. It was bin day yesterday so the empties have gone. I've spoken to everyone I came into contact with and no-one has said a word or been funny with me so I think no-one realised. Not that that matters. I know and I know what could have happened.

It's nearly the weekend and for once I have nothing really planned - just a thing tomorrow morning with my kids planting bulbs in the local park. My house is a mess so I should do some clearing up. We've been so busy the last couple of weekends I just haven't had time to keep on top of things.

I may not get on over the weekend so stay strong everyone and enjoy what you choose to do with your time. Appreciate your sobriety because it is a special gift!
Old 10-21-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Back on day 1

Hi guys, yeah I'm back on day one. Called in sick from work. Have the worst hangover ever. I hate this and hate myself. I went drinking on my own, got myself into such a state. I've not been posting because I've been away. I had one beer whilst I was away but it's opened up a can of worms.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back sad sadgirl

Coming back here is a good start.

Try and make today day one and go from there. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a recovery plan - learn from whatever happened and build on that?

D
Old 10-21-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Made day 7! It helps a lot to have some place to post this.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's Friday! Here's to another 24 hours! My counseling appointment went well. I like the therapist. It was mostly an information dump since it was my first session and there was a lot of life background and current situations for me to share. Even with that, I did pick up a few helpful nuggets from her already!

Hi sadsadgirl. I'm glad you came back. Never give up!

Hi Beabetterme! Welcome!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello friends, welcome Beabetterme and welcome back Sadgirl,yes one can opens a can of worms, opens up that ugly urge again I hate it! Not much planned today,probably the dollar store and lunch with my middle daughter, woke up with a little anxiety but it'll pass,I keep thinking that at this time last week I was detoxing on the couch just begging to feel human again, ugh gross, hope everyone has a nice AF Friday
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi guys, yeah I'm back on day one. Called in sick from work. Have the worst hangover ever. I hate this and hate myself. I went drinking on my own, got myself into such a state. I've not been posting because I've been away. I had one beer whilst I was away but it's opened up a can of worms.
I have been there....more times than I count. You can do this! We are all here for you.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Sad Sad,
You came back thats the most important thing.
The hangover will pass and you will be Happy Happy in no time.
Stay positive
Old 10-21-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys. I don't feel good, I am so frightened. I can't keep on like this. What triggered me was getting my hair cut and hating it. So my AV was like just have a couple, you're not that bad. Several large glasses of wine later and I was having to get picked up by my sister. She's so angry with me. I don't know what is wrong with me. Why couldn't I go home after my hair appointment?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm on another day 2.

I was so sick yesterday.. today I feel good but have had thoughts about drinking later.

I drink way too much way too fast.. I get sick every time now. It is time for me to accept the fact that drinking doesn't work for me.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

As Dr. Phil would say, "how's that drinking workin' out for ya?"*

Not so well, would be the correct answer. Not well at all.

*I can't believe I referenced Dr. Phil. People who know me would laugh and laugh because I'm not a daytime TV kind of guy.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 days October142016.

SadGirl, congrats on wasting no time in getting up again. If I'm not mistaken, I remember your earlier post of laying in bed drinking, unable to stop. You accumulated well and can do it again!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone on your sobriety, really great going!

If you're struggling and feeling like this perhaps it's worth spending some time making a plan. Dee always recommends to check out this link http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

One other thing I can highly recommend is to TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. If this is too much there is always an hour or even the next 10 min. Most of the time 10 min is long enough to come here to SR to find support. We're all helping each other all the time. Don't be shy, just ask please. It will make a huge difference when you manage to fight your AV.

Take good care and have a great and sober weekend.

I will not drink today. Is anyone with me on that?

Last edited by Dee74; 10-21-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: fixed link :)
Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Mr

Im with you elke
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Nope, we're not going to drink today, we're just not.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm in,no drinking, not wanting to
Old 10-21-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll join that pledge
welcome back Volshen and congrats on your milestone Oct142016

SSG (and anyone struggling) I think the secret is to put more effort into your recovery than into your drinking.

I think most of us want to quit with a minimum of disruption and change to our lives, but for most of us it's that very change we need.

I think nearly everyone has been at that point where it's obvious we need to step things up a notch.

Think about what else to can add to whatever you've been doing to stay sober.

Add as many things as you think you can reasonably manage.

You can do this!

D
Old 10-21-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just checking in before heading to bed on the end of day 15! My husband is back from work and I had no feelings of guilt when he got home and no stress about him finding evidence from a week of drinking like I did in the past. We are still not doing great, hardly speaking and sleeping in different rooms, but I know things will get better with time as long as I stay sober. No cravings at all so far. I hope everyone has a great sober weekend.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Mr

hope everyone has a great sober weekend (too)
Things will get better elfe. ..they always do.
Focus on the positive. ..15 Days !!!!
Take care
Old 10-21-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Mr

Sorry elfie (not elfe) I had my mittens on