Notices

Brand new to this.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand new to this.

You can even smell the new car smell on me. A little about me I have been a highly funtional alcoholic for years. I would typically only drink on weekeneds or out with friends, My problem is that when the "rush" arrives that is when i crave it. I want maximize that great feeling. But since i never woke up shaking and i never craved a drink until after the first few..........Well that makes me OK in my messed up logic. My bestfriend started notiicng that i was drinking at home befor social gatherins and mentioned it. Went rigt over my head. Alcoholics can't have jobs and go to jail etc. I used DD's and cabs.........and ohhh boy UBER is a drinkers dream. I marred a wonderful girl andtapered off drastically and we have 2 great kids. I was caught two years into our marriage on a binger after the kids were in bed. I never drive while under. I quit cold turkey for 3 months with no help. No psyhiatrist none of these wacko AA meetings. But once again i snuck a bottle and downed afew shots and my wife came home before i could hide my breath. Our daughter was asleep upstairs andshe had my son. So i have not had a drop for 2 weeks today. I will be attending my 2ndAA meeting tonight (and these ppl were cool and i really enjoyed it). My wife is threatening divorce and i believe she has the paper work. I'm going do everything in my power to save it. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and she gave me my two greatest loves. So pray for me ane my family as i go through this. Even if i can't save my marriage i want to be and will be the greatest Damn Dad this world has ever seen. And show them that I can kick that evil drinks ass.

My name Jon. And i'm an alcoholic
Old 10-16-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Jon - you'll find a lot of support here.

I found ultimately I could be the man I want to be - or I can drink - but not both.

Sounds like that's the bottom line for you too?

D
Old 10-16-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

Great decision to quit, skinsfan. Welcome to SR!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Jon!!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're in great company, Jon. You never have to feel alone - someone is around 24/7.

You sound determined - we know you can do this. I found myself drinking all day before I came here, but the support helped me find the courage to turn it all around. Glad to have you!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jon, two weeks is a great start. You will find lots of support in here. You should join the October 2016 thread, you will find others at the same point in their recovery.