Notices

14 days awesome week-end

Old 10-16-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 days awesome week-end

14 days today alcohol free. yeah! I've decided that this go at sobriety will be much busier. When boredom sits in that's when triggers and urges appear.

Friday night we did dinner and a movie. Girl on the train. Wow I can relate to that woman. She blacks out and loses time. ANYTHING can happen during a black out. Scary. So I loved it.

Saturday was all about horror movies on AMC. Yeah! I love horror movies. Then we went to a Farm Party. It was so amazing and beautiful with the harvest moon. A very talented Roots Rock band played. Lots of hippies and artsie folks. Some were drinking but not all and no one was getting out of control. I had ZERO urge to drink. Music is VERY important to me so it's very important that I can still be a part of live music and not drink. We left early and were in bed by 11pm. lol

Sunday as soon as I roll outta bed we will go to the State Fair and eat junk food!!

Monday getting carpets cleaned and attending my second SMART meeting...

I'm currently very happy and satisfied with my life. I must stay busy busy busy... and of course frequent soberrecovery and work it work it work it....

I have noticed the facebook posts of friends drinking and having fun still pisses me off but I'm becoming more numb to it. I just keep scrolling my newsfeed and forget it. oxoxoxoxo
Old 10-16-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nicely done sunshine. Sounds like your doing great. Congrats on fourteen days.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! Fantastic. :-)
Old 10-16-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

2 weeks = great
Old 10-16-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic Sunshine!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-16-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

14 days and happy weekend here too!!! Wooo!

So you were saying about the friends getting drunk-- I had a bit of a different experience about that one. I saw one friend, and one couple, that are big boozers, since.

So the dude I went hiking with, and he was already drinking when I got there, bright and early, and brought more booze for the hike. And no pansy hike here-- full on Rocky Mountain trail blazing. He stank, he had to stop a lot. I loooooved watching him struggle up that mountain... heheh

The other couple we met up for breakfast. Seems safe--breakfast, right? They rolled in hung over as hell and promptly ordered beers. They wreaked of hangover before the beer, then wreaked of beer and hangover after the beers. As soon as they left, to probably go drink more and pass out mid afternoon, we immediately concurred: "Maaaaan, those guys look rooouuuughhhh!!!"

Both events were a slap in the face to the fact that that use to be us. But a real eye opener too. Ever heard the expression "booze tan"? You know that skin texture/colour drunks get? Been starting to spot it all over the place-- grocery stores, streets, etc. And those 3 friends. Makes me happy to see my "sour cream white" skin I use to hate come back... no booze tan for this chick please!
Old 10-16-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love staying busy too and much easier when not feeling sick and hungover, yah?
Plus if you're busy you wont have time or interrest in scrolling facebook as much! I have given it up and would rather spend my computer time here with you fine folks!!

congrats on your 2 weeks! You're doing Amaaaaazing!
Old 10-16-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats sunshine