Notices

Hospital or death

Old 10-13-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hospital or death

I don't even have a choice anymore. I don't think I can drink my way out of this. Please keep me in your thoughts. I wish I had the strength to stop.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe Hospital would not be a bad idea if things are as bad as you say?

I pulled myself out of a pretty steep dive - I believe you can too

wishing you the best MovingForward

D
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry it has come to this.
I am starting to think now, that if I had the strength to live through all the horrible things that happened through me drinking, it takes less strength than that to stop drinking!
Hospital may give you breathing space to gather the strength you need to stop drinking?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to do something. I'm in a constant state of vomiting, have only had food once in several days, hygiene out the window, just trying to think how to get through this withdrawal. I can barely stomach a beer an hour.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Rehab saved my sorry butt. Hope that is a consideration for you. Hugs
Old 10-13-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know how your medical care system works where you are at but go to ER emergency at the hospital right away. Everyone has an ER hospital.

TELL THEM THE TRUTH! Critical. Then, they should admit you and let you stay for a few days at least.

After that, they may help arrange for a long-term care center, or you could do this maybe with a friend or family. They may have a detox section right at the hospital - take this route, if you can.

GO to the hospital please - it will make your detox period safer and a better experience. Really, it will.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I say hospital. There's nothing to be ashamed of, they see us all the time.
I know I couldn't drink my way out of it. I tried, too.
Best to you.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hospital it is then! No shame in that at all. I suspect you will meet some kind people there. Hope you get to feeling better soon
Old 10-13-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
I have to do something. I'm in a constant state of vomiting, have only had food once in several days, hygiene out the window, just trying to think how to get through this withdrawal. I can barely stomach a beer an hour.
I am so sorry. I know first-hand what it feels like to be on the brink, as I was in Feb when I quit.

A beer an hour will not help, I promise you that; you will prolong your agony. We cannot give medical advice here so I will just say that quitting cold turkey- at the end, I quit a handle of vodka/2 days habit- was what I finally did. After several forced detoxes. I suffered PAWS to a significant degree for several months - it did pass, as it will for those who quit as well. The prospect of quitting and the fear that caused was indeed worse than the actual quitting, including everything physical that followed in the short term.

In AA, we first ask ourselves if we are powerless over alcohol and if our lives have become unmanageable. It sounds like both are true for you.

There is a better life. With medical help, a recovery program and learning to live sober with practical and spiritual tools and support, I believe every single person can have one.

Good luck.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went to the hospital, started detox, then transferred to rehab. Frankly this was a much easier choice than continuing to drink and possibly die. Please go to the hospital. What's holding you back?
Old 10-13-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone else, the hospital sounds like the perfect place to start your recovery. Please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

❤️ Delilah
Old 10-13-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

I was exactly where you are at. I took a cab to the ER and finally got the help I needed, without judgment. This week I am six months sober. Reach out, get medically stable and then get a plan....you can do this!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I hope you went to the hospital. This sounds like a very dangerous situation. Please go get help immediately!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

MovingForward, there is help available and there is hope. Please go to the hospital and ask for help.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Agreed..call 911 if you can't get to the hosptial MF. You mentioned last time you were here that your EX was 10 minutes away and you have a child to care for, hopefully your child is with someone else? If not you need to either call 911 or call your EX immediately. There is a way out but you can't do it by yourself.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
I'm in a constant state of vomiting, have only had food once in several days, hygiene out the window, just trying to think how to get through this withdrawal. I can barely stomach a beer an hour.
my sponsor was like you and also he lost everything except his life

hes 27 years sober now thru aa with a good life

Old 10-13-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Echoing above. Go to the hospital, get detox. And take advantage of any treatment plans they offer. You can do this. I've been where your are
Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Going to the hospital was the best thing I did when I feared I was going to seizure and die all alone at home. I called 911 and when they came I was so relieved that I was going to have help. And there was plenty of people who wanted me well and wanted me to live! It is a great first step into recovery. Just do it!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

My Day 1 started over 7 years ago in the ER. Literally saved my life.

Please get help, you're worth it!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey MF, let us know how you are going, we are here for you.
Sometimes we have to reach out just a little for things to change!. Did you get to the ER? Let us know.....