Notices

Newbie to sober life...suboxone not helping

Old 10-12-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie to sober life...suboxone not helping

Hello to all. So nice to see so many people helping one another out. Anyways...I'm hoping that someone/anyone could please give me some information as to why I am still completely miserable after taking suboxone for 2 weeks? I am on 16 mgs a day (the sublingual pill). I am nauseous off and on all the time, have horrible headaches every day, extremely tired to the point I am like a walking zombie. I can't continue to go through this every day. I have 5 children and a fiancé who need and depend on me. Please help me...even if it's encouraging words. It's very much appreciated.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like it's time to talk to your dr about the issues you are having with the drug. I hope that you can get some answers. I'm glad you've decided to live a sober life.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

See your Doctor and tell him this.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I'll be 14 days clean. I finally get to see my doctor again but I'm afraid that he'll tell me to give it another 2 weeks. I don't want to go to methadone but I have a feeling that will be pushed on me. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like it's time to talk to your dr about the issues you are having with the drug. I hope that you can get some answers. I'm glad you've decided to live a sober life.
Thank you. Just scared I guess. And I'm so sick. I'm also hoping he gives me some honest answers and really sees that I am sincere about staying sober..no matter what it takes.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My personal experience with suboxone is that I was feeling better by the 5th day when the dosage was right. Have you felt this same way since you started the suboxone? The difference for me from the first couple days and the 5th day on would be night and day.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TulsaGentleman View Post
See your Doctor and tell him this.
I'll be seeing him tomorrow for the first time since I started the treatment. I'd almost quit c/t but like I said...I have 5 children and 2 of them are 10 week old twin boys. They need me...and I'm trying so hard to get better but seems like I'm feeling worse.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
My personal experience with suboxone is that I was feeling better by the 5th day when the dosage was right. Have you felt this same way since you started the suboxone? The difference for me from the first couple days and the 5th day on would be night and day.
Basically the same. They just kept telling me that it takes a while to get in your system good and that everything I was feeling was pretty much..normal. I have been on suboxone before but it was the strips..not the pills. I felt pretty much the same way.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, hopefully your doc will be able to guide you in the right direction. You have you hands full right now at home and then some.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
Well, hopefully your doc will be able to guide you in the right direction. You have you hands full right now at home and then some.
Yes I do..with my 1 yr old daughter as well lol. She tries to help me too. I just can't wait to start feeling better for them.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Definitely talk to your doctor about your issues and your dosage. My experience with it was more was not always better, but again have an honest talk with your doc. What opiate were you using?
Old 10-12-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Definitely talk to your doctor about your issues and your dosage. My experience with it was more was not always better, but again have an honest talk with your doc. What opiate were you using?
I was using mainly lortab and percs. Quite a few at a time.