Notices

I am back again

Old 10-08-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back again

I had made a few posts in March of 2015 when I was quitting last time. I didn't work. I was sober for about 2 months and my dad had a heart attack and died on May 24, 2015. My mom passed away in 2001 and since then my dad and I were so close. He was my best friend. I could tell him "almost" anything.

Since then I have been in a bad place mentally and physically. My drinking has gotten completely out of control! AGAIN!

I went to the doctor after my dad died and I was put on Lexapro. But for me the only thing that seemed to keep the demons at bay for a moment is alcohol.

My husband is an alcoholic too. Two weeks ago we were both drunk, again, and we got into a huge fight!! The next morning I couldn't even remember why we were fighting! I decided that was enough!

Today is Day 14, again. I am really struggling everyday to make it this far. I want a beer so bad. I just need someone to tell me its going to get better!

Tina
Old 10-08-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Tina, but I'm glad you made your way back here

Things really will get better...things may be rough for a little while, but please do have faith - being sober is definitely the best way to go

why not check out our Class of October support thread - it's for everyone quitting this month

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-thread-5.html

D
Old 10-08-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tina, I am so sorry for your loss.
Getting sober has helped me process and grieve the loss of my loved ones.
It is wonderful you are here and congratulations on 14 days. : )
Old 10-08-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am very sorry for your loss, mystary. Keep coming back.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss but I think deciding to stop drinking and coming back to SR is exactly what you need. 14 days is wonderful. It will get so much better soon. I'm 6 months tomorrow and I'm in a very different place than I was. It still takes work and focus on recovery each and everyday but that's so much better use of my energy and time than how to keep doing something that was making me absolutely miserable. Agree with Dee...consider the Oct class. Welcome.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss Tina. Well done on the 14 days, don't lose that day count just to have a beer-who knows where it will end. You're doing the right thing by posting. You can get through the craving, minute by minute. Play the tape forward.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!
And I am so very sorry about your losses ... I can only imagine the pain.

Things DO and can get better! I hope to see more of you!
Old 10-08-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back and hope to see you around. Great job on 2 weeks- hope you are well today.

I know the loss of my parents (who are 71) will be a huge blow to me; different reasons for each, I anticipate. I am so grateful that I will be sober whenever that happens.

What is your plan this time around?

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Mystary
Welcome back. Grief is a very tricky thing. Do find some counseling or a grief group to attend if you feel you aren't able to move forward.

I lost my husband a few years back so I understand the loss. For me alcohol does absolutely nothing to help process the pain. It only prolongs it and creates all kind of other problems.

Hang in there and congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 10-08-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I also am sorry for your loss. I don't think people can truly find themselves and know who they really are while actively drinking. Congrats on 2 weeks. Keep it going.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies. It kind of overwhelmed me. I almost cried. I have tears in my eyes. I am an emotional roller coaster. I am mad one minute and sad the next. It is a relief to know I am not alone.

I don't have a plan for recovery yet. My mind is all over the place. I can't think straight. Right now I really can't plan for anything except that I will NOT DRINK today. One day at a time.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tina!! You can do this!!
Old 10-09-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mystary View Post
Thanks for all the replies. It kind of overwhelmed me. I almost cried. I have tears in my eyes. I am an emotional roller coaster. I am mad one minute and sad the next. It is a relief to know I am not alone.

I don't have a plan for recovery yet. My mind is all over the place. I can't think straight. Right now I really can't plan for anything except that I will NOT DRINK today. One day at a time.
This is a great link on recovery plans:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 10-09-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tina, I'm sorry for the loss of both your parents. I believe your Dad would want you to live the best life you can, a sober life. It will get better, for sure. And, perhaps your husband will be inspired when he sees you doing so well.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to have you back with us, Mystary. I, too, am sorry for the loss you've suffered.

After a while we realize alcohol is not the friend we thought it was. It doesn't really help us cope - only makes us more anxious & miserable in the end. Even though we know this - in the early days of recovery we still fantasize that it might somehow calm us & bring relief. I remember at 2 wks. I was still a bit resentful and disoriented. Everything changed as I got used to my new life. It feels wonderful to be free. You will do this!
Old 10-09-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Tina,

I'm glad you are back! The link Dee posted is. Great one, it helps to have the support of others at the same point in their recovery journey as you.

Two weeks is fantastic, keep it up!!