Notices

Hello Everyone,

Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to posting but I've been reading the posts on this site for awhile--mostly those who are detaching from a significant relationship with an A. My ex-BF and I were together for four and a half years and for the last two years he began hiding the bottles and lying and denying. Like so many here, I decided I had to break up with him and it is like a root canal of the heart. He did not want to break up with me and we love each other, but he immediately went out chasing other women. He can't stand being without a bottle or a woman although he was faithful to me when we were together. He was sucking all my energy and like many other alcoholics there was no possibility of a frank discussion about alcohol. He simply does not want to stop drinking (probably can't). I miss him terribly and have had very little contact and am trying to go no contact. I started Al Anon meetings....Thanks for listening. Diotima44
Old 10-05-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Diotima. Sorry to hear of your struggles, but I think you have done and are doing all the right things to take care of yourself. Al Anon is a great resource and I hope you find some solace there. SR also has a separate forum specifically for friends and families of alcoholics if you would like to be among those who may be going through ( or have gone through ) a similar situation. You are always welcome here in the newcomers forum as well so feel free to share or ask whatever you'd like to.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, my bf too threatened to move out if I didn't stop lying about drinking. I hid bottles even though he said he wouldn't be mad. He was just disappointed but by hiding the bottles I was also hiding it from myself... I didn't want him to know how much I was drinking. My tolerance was so high, it was embarrassing.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what brings you here Diotima but I know you'll find understanding and support here in this forum, and others

I'm glad you're going to Al-Anon I hope it helps.

We also have Family and Friends forums here you might want to take a look at too

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com
Old 10-05-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad to hear you're taking care of yourself.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Diotima!!