Notices

one day at a time

Old 10-04-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one day at a time

Hey all,
Today is 30 days sober for me, and it mat be an old saying but it is true, one day at time, baby ya gotta just take each day one at a time.
For new folks, here is what worked for me.
AA and a sponsor, took me a few meetings to approach my sponsor, but we hit it off, but it was a good fit.
Being honest with my doctor, and working with him, not resisting his advice and help.
ASKING for help, here's the deal I'm a knuckle dragging blue collar guy, and I finally had to ask for help, in AA and from my doctor, I just asked for help, don't fear it. I'll tell ya all I've been busted up, broken and beat to hell, but when it came to booze I couldn't beat that b$&ch alone. So I did what I never thought I would do, I put my hands out and said please help, and ya know what? I got help, I was honest with myself, my wife, my sponsor,my kids and my doctor and I'm doing good.
Also enjoy the sweets and fun times, get yer ass out of bed and run east....sounds crazy right? Well try it, get up early and run east see the rising sun, and get on your knees and thank everyone who ever loved you, if you don't believe in God, well I'm sure at some point someone loved you, and be happy they did, embrace the rising sun and keep in mind I will not drink today.
Have fun, hug people for no reason, patt your wife or girl on the rear, tell her how much you love her. Call old friends, and apologise if ya have to, I sure did, or just reconnect. Well that's my 2 cents, hang in there, fight like your life depends on it cuz it does and reach out, talk to graves, live people, whoever helps.
Love ya all,
Mick
Old 10-04-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

What a nice post Mick! Thank you, I just relearned something. A new person can teach me something (to talk to graves when I need to) make me smile ("I'm a knuckle dragging blue collar guy, and I finally had to ask for help") and serve as a wonderful example (via your entire post).

I think you are the sort of individual they refer to when they say "stick with the winners. All the best to you.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Surrendering is the only way! Great job on 30 days
Old 10-04-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Mick

D
Old 10-04-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
What a nice post Mick! Thank you, I just relearned something. A new person can teach me something (to talk to graves when I need to) make me smile ("I'm a knuckle dragging blue collar guy, and I finally had to ask for help") and serve as a wonderful example (via your entire post).

I think you are the sort of individual they refer to when they say "stick with the winners. All the best to you.
Thank you I have not felt this good in years. Thank you for the nice comments.
Mick
Old 10-04-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days, and thanks for such an inspiring post!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love it, Mick -- inspiring words!