Notices

I'm back

Old 10-04-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back

From the top of a mountain. Back to everyday life,car troubles,bills,life in general. Now the true test begins. Going into one of my offices today to do the books and then play a round of golf with one of my partners(light drinker) this afternoon. Normally I'd ask how to explain why I'm not drinking while playing to him but, after my last binge there's no need to. He'll know why. It will be nice to play sober for the first time in months and hopefully takes some strokes off my game.
Starting church tomorrow night, which has a sobriety program and going to check out AA as well. My home is now an alcohol free home and will stay that way. I've told my daughter(she lives with me while going to school) no more party's or booze allowed. To my non-surprise, she's happy about it. Apparently others notice raging alchy's? Who knew? So, I've "came clean" with her and she's more than on board with my sobriety.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you DR
Old 10-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey SW-

Was on with you awhile back. I am back for some
Maintenance. Hope u r well
Old 10-04-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Going into one of my offices today to do the books and then play a round of golf with one of my partners(light drinker) this afternoon. Normally I'd ask how to explain why I'm not drinking while playing to him but, after my last binge there's no need to. He'll know why.

I've told my daughter(she lives with me while going to school) no more party's or booze allowed. To my non-surprise, she's happy about it. Apparently others notice raging alchy's? Who knew? So, I've "came clean" with her and she's more than on board with my sobriety.
In my journey as an alcoholic there have been times when I've told people, and times when I've been "caught". I've had friends do interventions on me. I've never lost any friends - quite the contrary, I've found that all they want is for me to be happy and healthy. Almost everyone suffers from something in their life, during their life. Mine happens to be alcoholism. Others have cancer, others depression, or drugs, or anxiety, and so on....I find it's much easier for for me now to say I'm going to be true and authentic and let the chips fall where they may (of course, in matters of things like looking for employment there are some exceptions - I'm mainly talking about friends and loved ones). The alternative of secrecy just adds another layer of crap on my life that I really don't want or need now...
Old 10-04-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back dontremember

D
Old 10-04-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are back.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Shot the best round of golf I have in a year! A few of my employees noticed a 'different' me yesterday.. Wasn't a drunken fool cracking jokes like I normally would do. Was all business and to the point. I can see being sober will probably earn me more money on my investments,not to mention the savings of not buying booze daily.

Still have to answer to the court for my dui from the first of the year though..