Notices

Withdrawals

Old 10-03-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawals

I really needed to work today. But the withdrawals are so bad. I figured my chances of getting fired now are probably pretty high but if I showed up in the state I am in, that would be a damn near certainty. I can't help feeling so guilty for completely neglecting my responsibilities but I guess focusing on getting well should be my first priority so it's not so bad? I don't know. Today is going to be rough.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rupert, use this as a turning point and go to the doctor get a certificate, get serious and tell your Dr you need help, let your job know you are off today ask the Dr for guidance on how to approach this for your health and what to tell your work perhaps. Grab hold of this with both hands and make a change.

This really can be a turning point for you. I have been there myself and once you really ask for the right help and make the changes you need things start to get much better. People really do want to see you succeed. Hugs to you Rupert.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Belier makes some great points Rupert.

D
Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think sobering up is a valid top priority. The cycle isn't going to get any easier over time. Perhaps calling in isn't a terrible idea as long as you don't beat yourself up over it?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think focusing on getting healthy and sober is your first priority . I agree a trip to your doctor sounds like a good plan.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Work is a tough one for most of us when we are in this kind of situation. I agree with the above about the dr and....this is your LIFE we are talking about. It can be very difficult, but every other thing - every one- has to come after that.

Please ask for help - people WILL help you and you can get through this.

Good luck.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I really needed to work today. But the withdrawals are so bad. I figured my chances of getting fired now are probably pretty high but if I showed up in the state I am in, that would be a damn near certainty. I can't help feeling so guilty for completely neglecting my responsibilities but I guess focusing on getting well should be my first priority so it's not so bad? I don't know. Today is going to be rough.
I would make a doctors appt. for this morning, tell your boss that you are on your way to the doctor. Maybe follow up with a doctors note (sounds childish, I know), stating that you were unable to come to work due to an illness. I have resorted to doing this, when I was in a desperate situation.
With the HIPPA laws, the reason for going to the doctor will be kept confidential. Just a suggestion, as I would rather call in sick, than go to work a complete mess. Your health is #1...Good luck today!

Last edited by wildflower70; 10-03-2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-03-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with others, you can make this a landmark day in turning your life around permanently. I also agree with you....your immediate need is to get yourself better. You are worthless to your employer and to yourself when you are as sick as you are. Once "healed" you can plan next steps.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this brother
Old 10-03-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA Member

lotsa great support here
Old 10-03-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Rupert, how are you today?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've been in the same situation Rupert and much better to take a sick day and go see the doctor as per Belier's recommendation. Wishing you well.