SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 2... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/398394-day-2-a.html)

K66 10-01-2016 09:11 PM

Day 2...

Still awake from 9am yesterday... finally feeling a bit tired before finding a spider the size of a small araknid ... I'm not exaggerating in the slightest...and I'm not afraid of spiders... had a good day and and loving evening.. I decided on the weening slightly with one beer and 3 sips of fireball... accidentally brought home someone's creamer instead of my carton of egg whites from work...no dinner here now... I sit quietly and contemplate one more beer after sitting with the love of my life before he had to leave... alone on my couch... I think one more no big deal... still weening... still way less than ever usual... purposly wait until 8:55pm to call my cab..it comes 20 mins later and I smile ... stores closed...then...its okay the bars are open and now I have a cabby I don't know so I'll go to the pub in the same plaza. .. small soup. .. one drink... I get there... hop our of the cab... turn and tell him I'll be right back... past the pub I walked into grab a salad from a small shop and back home I went. .. ate...into pj's. ..washed my face ad moisturized. .vitamins. . logged in and will now attempt sleep with my love snoring on the line... I chose no.. further... the option was still there but I would know that I said yes to even one more and even though it would have still been great progress for me I wanted more... a night ritual... another night without the slightest buzz.. I'm proud of me.. my nerves are calming and I feel good.. walked right past the dinn of the people in the bar scene to sit quietly and have a heath dinner before bed ... I've been awake for 27 hours fingers crossed to a wee bit of sleep tonight... 😏

january161992 10-01-2016 09:17 PM

hello k66

keep it going!

:You_Rock_

Ooona 10-01-2016 09:30 PM

You're doing a fantastic job!

I hope you sleep well tonight.

Dee74 10-01-2016 09:35 PM

you're doing well K66 :)

D

K66 10-02-2016 02:04 AM

Success!!! Sleep!!

D122y 10-02-2016 02:55 AM

K66,

Keep working your sobriety. You seem to be tapering and from the sound of it, you may be close to a clean day all together.

The anxiety, as you likely know, will ramp up for weeks and months after you get through the physical.

But, it gets better everyday....

Anyway....

Sound sleep and the sober morning.

Two of my favorite experiences that will keep me sober for ever.

We are addicts, drug addicts. We sort of look normal, but we definitely do not feel normal.

Stay clean. Get used to normal. Embrace sobriety. Reject the addiction.

Being in a drunken state is not how we were designed to live. It is a learned behavior. It can be unlearned.

Get clean. Change your life a bit. Stay clean.

PurpleKnight 10-02-2016 09:28 AM

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!! :scoregood

Lightning Bug 10-02-2016 09:35 AM

Keep it up - it gets better every day!

Hevyn 10-02-2016 03:30 PM

Proud of you, K - you will continue to feel stronger & less anxious. Good that you were able to sleep - that's a huge problem for many of us.