Notices

The Solstice Experience.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm up super early again today. I woke up sneezing 100x for some odd reason. I didn't want to wake everyone up and held some air in... some came out of my eye!

I got some tacos down, and ate a pint of ben and jerry's ice cream. I'll be taking my beer money and using it for food and snack money. It will eventually be healthy. Smoothie fixings for today. Calories. I will be putting down as many calories in food that I had been consuming in alcohol.

Exercise. I will get out and hike for an hour...
Old 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Good deal! There you go....burrow in and stay home; keep it cozy...some of the best(and sane, and peaceful and sober and less stressful) adventures are found at home....tacos sounds yummy...Just had some Tilamook S'mores ice cream. yum
I totally agree!

This is exactly what I am doing!

Thankfully I have been able to stay home and let my heal itself while I
Lots of great music, food, tea (really!) and NetFlix has become a sober buddy

Chat has also been fun and even helped me get through Friday night.

Hey I even did first online meeting in chat last night.
Topic was PROCRASTINATION - so fitting right?
The are held in the Chat room Tuesdays and Fridays at 9:00 pm eastern.

Day 11 and starting to feel human again.

Exercise: not there yet but can't wait to dive in the pool and get some laps in. Enjoy the bike ride.

Hang in their Solstice!

Snarly
Old 10-01-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I woke up. Drank coffee for an hour... Worked for 2 hours.. took a nap for an hour and started getting fidgety while watching college football. Went to the store and bought a ny strip steak, toblerone and a chicken pot pie.

I already ate the whole triangle of toblerone. Drank milk.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didn't do much but work yesterday, but ate a lot of food (which I normally don't do).

Cravings last night were rough at day 3, so I went to bed with a lemon lime soda and a pitcher of water.

I'll try to get out and up to the mountains a bit if I have the energy and feel good. So far, mornings have been 100% better than being hung over, but I'm spending too much time on the computer just like when I'm heaving in the mornings after a night out. The heaving has subsided, and real food and vitamins are fueling my body. No more all-morning restroom breaks.

I took enough naps yesterday to make it feel like a number of days, but I'm on 4.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Always come here if you experience a urge or craving or call a trusted alcoholic friend in recovery if you have that available it helps by owning & accepting it staying accountable keeps us strong in recovery great job getting through that btw & have you also heard of 'Urgesurfing' or 'Play the tape' ?

Keep up the excellent work SoberSoltice
Old 10-31-2016, 09:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've finally picked up a 3 ring binder and read the plans Dee put up. They've definitely been helping, though I have yet to fully delve into it.

I had been tapering with the hopes of not cramping up, or having a seizure 30ft off the ground as I work with ladders.

My pattern has been 2 days on and 2 off since, keeping it under 3-4 beers, until last night. I had a few light beers, then got some wine. Felt like crap all day. I'm going to write how my day felt in my journal when I finish this post.

I'm not sure if this is normal, but I feel great on day 2 in the mornings into around 3pm, then things get bad. Anyone else have this?

My memory is much better when I'm not drinking; even after a day. I also get up early and get things done as opposed to dreading the day first thing in the morning. I'm starting to realize that my subconscious is fooling my psyche into a mode of moderation that I know will lead to failure, hence my recent pattern. Consciously, I know I'm an addict, but need to tap into the part of my brain that tells me otherwise. I'm having trouble finding it when necessary, but will continue working on my plan and keep logs of how I feel from day to day, and read back in my journal to reassess how detrimental the sauce is at this point.

I don't even like the first drink anymore. I just get tired (...used to call it 'relaxed'). I only do it because I fool myself into thinking I would injure myself, or have a deadly accident at work if I don't. I just need to realize that I need to come down from height work when I get dizzy, tremble or cramped up.

With these days off (used to be a heavy daily drinker), I'm beginning to appreciate the sober days much more than even the 2-beer days. These brief moments of clarity have made me less complacent and apathetic. I've been spending a lot of time on here, and it has been helping. I'm not perfect, but feel I'm working toward the right path.

Thank you!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think to get any benefit at all from tapering you need to stop and stay stopped - having days off is better in a statistical respect, and who knows it probably of some benefit physically, but I can't remember that pattern doing much for me mentally or withdrawal wise, or doing anything to really lessen the grip of my addiction?

D
Old 10-31-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Say Dee,

Have you found you're able to see levels of success probability for posters by their words?

Also what are the general time periods for poster's progress?

Thanks for all your fine help!

Old 10-31-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tend to treat everyone individually SB - I think that's best - plus my brains not really analytical like that

D
Old 10-31-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober'sBest View Post
Say Dee,

Have you found you're able to see levels of success probability for posters by their words?

Also what are the general time periods for poster's progress?

Thanks for all your fine help!

With the support here, and introspection via sober moments, I'm beginning to care about my life. I'm learning to love myself and be less apathetic. This, to me, is likely the most important thing for my health and sobriety.