Notices

Feel like crying

Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So sorry that happened to you. It made me angry reading about this. I also agree with the others... I wouldn't let this "reset" my sober days... you did not intentionally drink it knowing there was alcohol in it.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am with the others, no need to reset your sobriety date but I would strongly suggest you cut those awful people off and chalked it up as "lesson learned" about people, places and things.
Now quit beating yourself up and onward to day 5!!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My computer is back but isn't working properly at all! I tried to edit this yesterday just after I posted....

Virginia, I want you to know that I wasn't implying you knowingly drank alcohol; It was a irresponsible thoughtless thing he did!
I hope you are feeling better today!

****{HUGS******
Old 10-01-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Julia8 View Post
So sorry! I agree with MIRecovery on the day count... Wasn't your fault or choice.
The day one idea is a trap. Keeping track in this way tends to undermine recovery in my view. Recovery is not a game where everyone sits around and "keeps score", then flaunts some kind of recovery success based on statistics. It's a life or death struggle. What happened to you was a hazard which can happen at any public gathering. At colleges someone might put a pill in your cola while you are out in the rest room. The key is to act defensively. If you suspect alcohol then don't drink it after the first sip. And don't buy into the "back to day one" myth. If you do it puts you into a Sisyphus posture and may result in making things worse e.g. "I'm back to day 1 so I'd just as well repeat my former final binge before stating back up the long hill", etc. Don't go back to "day 1". Your body hasn't. Why should your brain do so? Just pick up where you left off and put it down to experience.

W.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

On your behalf, I am so very angry with the knucklehead who thought that was a funny thing to do.

I am in agreement with many others who think it is completely fair for you not to start again at "Day 1". Having a day-count can be important psychologically especially in early sobriety. If it were me, counting today as Day 1 and yet feeling it should be Day 5 - and so on for the following days - would leave me feeling resentful, and that's not good. In time, the day count will cease to be important but right now I can understand that it could be.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

What an @$$hole.

~Bunnez