Notices

'Fixing' the Broken Weekender 29 Sept - 3 Oct 2016

Old 09-29-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you are feeling like you want to drink, you have to get permission from Dee first.
Nah, I'm never going to give permission...and more seriously, I want peeps to become their own 'parent'.

It can be done - I was the eternal 15 yo - I really like being an adult now

D
Old 09-29-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Zanna, I can only guess what happened. Stay close. If you are having difficulty, share here. If you are feeling like you want to drink, you have to get permission from Dee first. So make sure you ask.
I'm really not THAT brave
No thoughts of drinking
Old 09-29-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am in.

Already back home.

In bed and miserable.

Hope to get some sleep.

See you later.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry to put that responsibility on you Dee.

If you want to drink, you have to get permission from everyone here first. EVERYONE!

Hi Gilmer, good to see you.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Gilmer!

Great to see you.

I can't fell asleep. I am anxious on the verge of paranoia that banks will come to me and start banging on the door.

I try to reason but logic fails.

I am so emotionally exhausted, I need at least some time free of worrying.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
I'm really not THAT brave
No thoughts of drinking
You are BRAVE!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Back from shopping it's my last day n night with mrs sw she's off on a family holiday abroad tomorrow my brother is just back from his holiday & is going to spend a few nights with me this week looking forward to that

Hello to the guests reading this why not sign up & jump in these are kind friendly people who have a wealth of experience to share & are easy going

To any newcomers just know if your feeling out of sorts, scared, panic, afraid or whatever that I think you are awesome I don't say that lightly we were all once newcomers too

Question to D and all the regulars - if you could have any line up in a band who would have on drums, bass, lead singer, main guitar ?
Old 09-29-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm in. Will be keeping busy and posting on here to get me through. Got some plans in place to keep me busy friday night and saturday day. Will be with hubby Saturday night and i know he will be really angry if he thinks ive had a drink. Just Sunday to think of for a plan now .I will keep fighting this. Happy 18th birthday to your daughter VQ

X
Old 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi, MB.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Im in! Looking forward to a sober weekend free of regrets and hangover!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I'm off to seek the almighty dollar... have fun and stay away from the booze! It is not your friend, your source of comfort or your security blanket. It is liquid fire that burns your soul, tears down your walls, and extinguishes the light that makes you the special and unique person you are.

Heavy-handed for 6:53 AM, I know. So I will leave you with one last piece of wisdom in the form of a question. What is Jurassic Park's favorite explosive? The Dinomyte.

Badda bang...courtesy of my 8 year old. At least it wasn't a poop joke.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Might have to think on that one SW.
Hope everyone has a good day

D
Old 09-29-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
You are BRAVE!
Not brave enough to ask Dee's permission though but in all honesty, last weekend and wasting yet another 5 days of my life recovering from it, have made me realise, life is far too short, to spend waiting for withdrawals to pass.
I'm done with drinking x
Old 09-29-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I have a big wedding this weekend. Lots of old friends. Its going to be tough to be sober. I have a plan which is nice. Going ot try hard to have fun. The problem I will have is Ill want to bail early and get out of there. While everyone is dancing and talking ill be thinking of booze. (sad really) So ill need to leave. Im only 33 days into this so I guess me being sober is the most inportant part. Hope to be normal some day soon when I can go out and socialize and not think of the drink.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Im IN!

Thank you Dee - that is a really beautiful post that is really meaningful to me. Makes me want to get one of those gold-repaired things.

LightningBug - love your posts!

Welcome all newcomers - glad to have you here!

Enjoying my 2nd day off before my long work stretch. Going to keep getting stuff done and try to relax a bit as well. After I get all the kids to school, have my church book club.

Been drinking way too much diet mountain dew since I stopped drinking. Could be worse. At least it shouldnt be the cause of being arrested, losing chunks of time, or crushing my soul.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Great kick off post Dee, I'm in!

A note to all the newcomers. I've often wished I could have a sobriety superpower. The ability to transport you into the future where all the thoughts, feelings, and situations have passed that occur in the beginning of sobriety.

To take you to a point in time to help you realize all of those are so false and yet another way for the addiction to keep you roped in. Of course, that space in time being good is fully dependent upon your being active in recovery. The more balance you find in recovery the better that point in time will be.

Then, I sometimes realize it's the individual work we do during those early times which makes recovery what it is. When you hit that point, that mark in time when you really realize you can do this, it indeed CAN be done, is one of the best feelings there is. I also think what makes it so sweet is although you can put together a great support system to assist you, sobriety is self achievement. You are sober because YOU did the work. There's a whole bunch of happiness wrapped up in that.

Please rest assured life is going to get better, far better. Those beginning times can be tough but there's greatness that awaits you.

Have a great, sober weekend!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm on.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm in, this will be my first sober weekend in a long time, and I'm very excited about it
Old 09-29-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
I have a big wedding this weekend. Lots of old friends. Its going to be tough to be sober. I have a plan which is nice. Going ot try hard to have fun. The problem I will have is Ill want to bail early and get out of there. While everyone is dancing and talking ill be thinking of booze. (sad really) So ill need to leave. Im only 33 days into this so I guess me being sober is the most inportant part. Hope to be normal some day soon when I can go out and socialize and not think of the drink.
The best thing to do would be not to go, but I guess you know that.

I missed a couple of weddings but noone remembers that now, ten years on.

If you feel you absolutely must go, have an escape plan and think through likely scenarios (you being offered a drink, you being asked why you're not drinking, you wanting a drink...etc).

Do not go in there 'winging it'.
Have a plan.

there are some good ideas here (don't worry about the title, the tips are applicable to most social occasions)

Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide

D