Notices

Thanks for the Fellowship-Glad to be here

Old 09-28-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Fellowship-Glad to be here

Hi, I'm Papa69, and I'm Recovering Alcoholic and Cocaine Abuser. I wasted 17 years of my life either Drunk, High or Both. My last drink and my last line, both were back on October 15, 1983. Through the grace of my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, I have lived each day since that time, Clean & Sober. As I said, since then I've always tried to live my life for Him, but it just was never quite complete before. Since my hospital stay for Congested Heart Failure, back in August of 2008, I now have a clearer picture of exactly what He would have me do and how He wants me to live. With the continued help of my Lord Jesus, each day my thinking seems a little clearer than it was and I'm once again able to interact with all of my wonderful Friends online. Most importantly, I now have time to be a living Testimony to the Glory of the Lord and to share His love with all those whom I meet.

Since first getting into Insurance sales back in the 70's, my primary career field has been either in Sales or Network Marketing and I've been moderately successful over the years. I've also made many wonderful Friends, several of whom are now even more successful than I ever was. and I'm quite happy for them. Quite simply, I'm no longer looking for that next great deal, that next great money-maker, or that newest and greatest Program, because I've found the greatest Program that there is and the best part of it is, it doesn't cost me a dime. It's God's Gift, through Grace, to myself and to anyone who will ask. I guess what I'm trying to say, I'm still in Network Marketing of a sort. I've just got a different CEO to whom I answer these days. I'm recruiting Souls for Jesus. He's got a great Program, best I've ever seen, and the Retirement Plan can't be beat. All He asks is that you answer His knock at the door, let Him into your heart, accept His love, and accept Him as your Savior. If you will simply do this, then He invites you to spend the rest of Eternity with Him in Heaven. Not that I'm in a hurry to die, I'll trust Him to take me Home when He's ready, but I am looking forward to it. You see, my Mother and Daddy, my Grandmother, and all my Aunts and Uncles are already up there waiting for me, and My Friends, at the Reunion, let me assure you, There's Gonna Be A Wonderful Time Up There. Thank You Jesus.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery Papa. It appears you've found your path, so I'm happy for you. I'm not a Christian, but there are many Christians who post her regularly. I hope you stick around.

Peace
Old 09-28-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Papa69!!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

hello papa great story thanks