Notices

6 Days Sober and a Few Questions

Old 09-29-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I knew this is how it had to go down. These guys take friendship to a whole different level.

That's why I've been so freaked out.

Wasn't just about not answering door or phone. I was in no shape for this type of confrontation. Police would be no help - worse even.

Really worked out better than I could have hoped for.

I'm usually not the quite type. My silence spoke volumes.

My lists and overthinking... just like not answering the door or phone.

Solution was shut up and let em vent.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well done Snarly - Proud of you!!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Helen,

You summed it up pretty good. I should do the same.

I had not planned on having this meeting until next week.

One less major headache.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Snarly. Your thread rings bells buddy. Please look into PTSD as well as addiction/alcoholism I was sober/straight and then a bad dentists appointment later I was locked in my house using and stark raving mad. I was planning all sorts of heinous acts it was plainly insane...

I'd leap out of my skin when the phone rang, take a bat to the door... Horrible being like that, but couldn't help it for a while there.

At least the local gangsters are scared of me No pressure to use but there'll be a few people upset their weed supply just dried up. Tough.

I got a 'friend' keeps knocking, I ignore him. He aint a real friend just a user. I'll tell him to go away when I can be bothered having that conversation.

What can I do for a tough guy, an ex-marine with a list of charges pending - obviously a poem!

A PTSD Love Poem

You parked your armies at my door
Said you were coming in
A veteran of many wars
I saw your lines were thin

I sniped your special forces dead
Laid waste to siege with bombs
Not till you'd left I saw you flew
A white flag all along.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Auckland ,

Man can I relate brother!!! I mean REALLY relate. First I was like - wait is this guy mocking me... I sure as h*ll deserve it.
But that' s not the way everyone plays in the S/R sandbox.
and THEN I got my head out of my *ss and kept reading:

My head snapped when you said you locked yourself in your house and planned all sorts of heinous acts.

"I'd leap out of my skin when the phone rang, take a bat to the door... Horrible being like that, but couldn't help it for a while there."

YOUR post: what you stealing my thunder.....hey Bats are NEVER a good idea - trust me

I got a 'friend' keeps knocking, I ignore him. He aint a real friend just a user. I'll tell him to go away when I can be bothered having that conversation.
YOUR post: I'm down to one as well. You'll appreciate this. I go outside and a guy comes up to me that I have met a few times.
Short story he said he was willing to be my sponsor. Turns out he got sober in Jail and attended AA meetings. Get this: he was bombed!

Thanks for the PTSD poem - very fitting. (and thanks for the uh "subtle" nudge I need to do something about my PTSD)...

Keep in touch sir! I wonder if you first day ramblings were as bad as mine...

Snarly
Old 10-01-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Snarly, glad you are still hanging in there.

I listened to a programme on the radio the other day about the drinking culture in the armed forces. I should say that i have never been in any branch of the military so I did not realise it was so pervasive. The other thing was that serving men and women were actively discouraged from admitting they had any problems with alcohol or drugs or combat stress.

Very recently (last year or two) there have been a few charities/associations created by ex military personnel to try to deal with what sounded to me like a problem that was being ignored by the military and politicians alike.

This programme was about UK service personnel but I expect things are similar for US armed forces.

I think my point is perhaps there might be some sort of additional help for you Snarly

Your posts have been really interesting, thank you. By the way you have seen more of Britain than I have LOL!