Notices

I have never said this before

Old 09-24-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have never said this before

Hi! I am a 34yr old woman, married, two wonderful children and both my husband and I are successful, we own a home, and all the fun toys for us to enjoy as a family. Basically all our hard work has paid off and financially we are where we want to be. My children, what could I say they are my world. We live a very busy life that revolves around our two children, I do most due to my husbands work schedule. Unfortunately back in 2010 I got prescribed Tylenol #3. I use up to 10-12 pills a day. It started with six for the first year, but my tolerance is getting bigger and I use more often. This has caused me huge anxiety and sleeping disorders. The sleeping disorders caused me to use a prescribed night time pill to put me to sleep. I can not sleep with out it, I feel that if I don't have my Tylenol I can not go on with my day. In April of 2016 I got my blood checked and my doctor indicated that my liver and kidneys were fine. I want to stop, I need to stop..... But I can't, I need help, I need to talk. I have never expressed this to anyone out of shame, and the fact that I am a mother and if I did tell someone it would be a complete shock.
Please help support me.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! There is a lot of hope and support here. No judgement at all. You CAN be free!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi & Welcome Realitysinksin
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us and posted. You are not alone. Addiction often makes us feel isolated and full of shame and guilt. You will find lots of support here. Have you talked to your dr about getting off the medication? That might be helpful, too. I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

I personally have know knowledge of this but I'm sure someone will come along soon with some sound advice,

You have found a good community here

Bruno.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome! Glad you found SR. It is wonderful that you expressed yourself here! You took a step in the right direction. You will find help with no judgement from us! You should be proud of yourself for reaching out !
Old 09-24-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all!! Yes I have talked to my doctor in regards to quitting, but I'm a user that makes me a master manipulator to get my refills. I also work in a profession that helps me get what I want. Ready for this...... Addiction/mental Health. I do not drink, I do not use anything other than prescription pills. I have 130 pills left out of my script. This will not last till my refill date October 20th. I want to stop, but how do I detox when I have a family to take care of, a home to run, an energy sucking job, 14 activities a week to get my children too. I have an excuse for every reason why I should not just flush these little fuckers that have ruined my mental well being down the toilet.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here. We even have a forum just for substance abuse.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Welcome! Our medical community has created a whole lot of people just like you through the over prescribing of opioids. There is nothing to be ashamed of and there is a solution plus tons of support here
Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, tons of support here as you can see. I got hooked and kicked both those medications. For me, the sleeping pills were much worse than the pain meds. If you don't think you can taper down while living your busy life, you may need to just take a "time out" for a week and get it done. Yes, there are periods of discomfort. But it sounds like you don't want to be popping pills the rest of your life, and that's a good thing.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Real,

Welcome.

If pills are like booze you will be able to taper off.

I am sure your Dr., who prescribed the pills, could help.

Being sober is great. Almost 17 months clean of booze here. I think pills are more of a challenge for some reason. But, getting clean is doable...obviously.

I have friends that were addicted to percacets. They got off them through taper. They are both amazing and caring folks in their sobriety.

Heads up.....The addiction never goes away. Addiction is mentally chronic. But, the way i see it, being a sober addict adds to our character.

We have been to the edge....

Get clean. Change your life a bit. Stay clean.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh heck no, I have goals, I have dreams for my family and ME. I am just super disappointed in myself and the lifestyle that I am living, I feel like a fraud. This was not supposed to happen. I help people everyday with addiction and I can't seem to kick this. But I WILL.... I think I need to take a week off work and Just do it. Start tapering off now, once I'm done take my week off and struggle trough the pain, numerous bathroom breaks, and getting sick. Day by day I know it will get better. I am so sick and tired of only getting energy from my pills. I'm sick of the anxiety when I'm running out. Which is all the time. I am only human, I have to remember that i am not superwoman I can't always have a perfect clean house, I can't always look like I have my "****" together. It is my time!! No more feeling depressed, no more waiting at the walk in for the "right" Doctor. Today I "only" took 9 pills, I am not going to take my usual 12. That is my goal for today. Day by day, I will do this. I feel like a thousand pounds have been lifted off my shoulders. Thank for your kind words, I am praying for anyone of you who have reached out.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi - You can do this!!WE can do this. Stay on the path with us. I hopped off the booze and pills over seven months ago - hard, yes - but I'm present for my loved ones and me. A gift.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That positive attitude and determination will help you tremendously. Don't beat yourself up too much. Its become the norm nowadays that when something ails us, the Doc pulls out the prescription pad. I don't agree with it, but its just the way it is.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

You have to look forward now, let go of the disappointment and shame. It does nothing but keep you in active addiction. You want and need to quit. Talk to your doctor honestly - no manipulation - and see if he will help you taper. He will if you tell him the truth.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Realitysinksin View Post
I need to stop..... But I can't, I need help,

Please help support me.
there is a solution

in recovery we talk about our experiences not our opinions

i had to get thrown into a locked psych ward for me to become convinced of the unmanageability of my life

then i became willing to follow direction

meetings
sponsor
steps
service
higher power

helps me stay clean/ sober today

God bless

Old 09-25-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Realitysinksin!!
Old 09-25-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Had a great day today. Stuck with my goal yesterday, and took 8 pills today. That's four less than usual, considering I was up at six I just have to say... It is a start! Hope every one has a great back to work week!!!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You can do this and you're NOT alone in your struggles. Come to SR everyday
Old 09-25-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan really helps

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html