Notices

Day 1

Old 09-22-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Welcome Swimmer! I'm at 8 weeks today and sooo glad I quit. Ice cream can stop a craving The best thing I did here in the beginning was spend a lot of time reading posts and all the stickies. Withdrawal can be dangerous, if you have any concerning symptoms, please see a physician. Reach out here for help if you need it. Best to you!
Hi PennyLane! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and advice. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And a huge congrats to you on your 8 weeks! Wow, that's awesome to hear. Great job! Going to lay down and watch a movie, and read some posts on here too. I know withdrawal can be dangerous and I'm naturally a pretty anxious and nervous person, so it's a concern of mine especially since I don't currently have health insurance.. Or money. But I'm staying with my parents and they know my situation so if it gets bad at least they're here and can call for help if needed.

Again, congrats on your sobriety and thank you for your inspiration!

Oh yeah and thanks for the tip on ice cream... That works for me!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hi Swimmer,

I wish I had quit drinking at 31, after my 2nd DUI. But NO, I went on for another 15 years...in my own personal prison.
Please don't make that mistake....love yourself now more than ever and forgive yourself for having this addiction.

Rest, water, movies, long showers, walks, and more rest!
This too shall pass. Bless you on this journey.
Hi wildflower... Just wanted to thank you again for your post. I have taken your advice and done all of the above so far.. Rest, water, movies, long shower and walk! It is amazing how much the walking helps. The anxiety creeps up quite a bit at times but I know I just have to push through and realize after the first few days it should subside.

Anyway, thank you again for your inspiration and your suggestions. A huge help to me!