Notices

Personal Growth in Sobriety Weekender Sept 16th - Part 2

Old 09-21-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi enders I need to hit the grocery store myself! Been getting very "creative" on meals for the past few days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has developed an appetite for sweets.....I have a problem.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Luckily I have leftovers from the chicken I roasted with vegetables yesterday. I get tired of cooking-
Old 09-21-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Night everyone xx
Old 09-21-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My dad is the best dad! I've not been feeling well for a few days. So I took a half day and he brought me out for lunch. He said "if your Grandmother was still here, she would say that there is nothing wrong with someone who can eat as much as you just did!" Yeah, I probably overreact a little bit. I will take his mantra as my own. No matter what happens he always says "things could be worse I suppose".
I have a guardian angel in heaven and I also have one right by my side.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

'When anyone asks me about the Irish character, I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and misshapen, but ferociously tenacious.'

~ Edna O’Brien

This is the Sally Gap, one of two east-to-west roads across the Wicklow Mountains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1474494195390.jpg (43.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-21-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That pic is simultaneously bleak and impressive Tetra. I am glad you had a good day

I am off to bed. Hopefully to get more sleep than last night
Old 09-21-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Last night I was watching a tv programme about the Irish health service. They went to a few different hospitals around the country and followed some people around. They showed a guy getting ready for a transplant, a couple of guys on dialysis who are on the waiting list for a transplant. They also spoke to a man who was waiting to get into alcohol detox. They showed him using a breathalyser and they kept saying his alcohol levels were too high to start the treatment.
I remember those days. My money and cards were taken off me years ago. If I wanted to buy something - like a book or whatever - I had to ask for a tenner and show the receipt afterwards.
I also remember being breathalysed every time I went to my therapist for antebuse. I was also breathalysed by my parents a few times. They didn't trust me then and why would they?
That program dragged up a whole load of memories for me and I have never been so relieved and grateful to be sober.
It was a stark reminder of what I could have been and how far I've come.
The drunk guy I saw passed out in town earlier, lying next to a can of cider was also a reminder. I saw the pitying stares of the tourists who passed by.
I am still here and I'm so grateful to all of you.
The guy on tv made it to detox in the end.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful photo, Tetra.

Wolfie, hope the busy days go well.

Simplicity, I love sweets. Argh.

Big storm brewing in these parts. We're looking at flash flood warnings. It hasn't started yet but the skies are growing more ominous. Nights like this make me glad I'm sober (in addition to many other reasons, of course). The idea of dealing with the power going out, if that happens, while being anything but sober is rather awful.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hidey Ho Weekenders!!

Had a rough, physically, day. Didn't get as much done as I wanted but, whatcha gonna do.

Hope you all had a good day
Old 09-21-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I had butter chicken for dinner. I cut up the chicken & hubby cooked....then I did the dishes. It worked out well!!

We did go to Walmart and someone must have knocked over a wine display somehow. Four or five employees were cleaning up the mess. They had the powder out that soaks up the liquid and it was everywhere! I could smell the wine from quite a distance away. Haha it was quite a scene. Not sure how many bottles of wine they loss but it was a lot.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Simplicity. ...I developed a big sweet tooth when I quit drinking. I went with it for a while and then cut back to lose weight. But it's so hard in the beginning that I figured sweets were better than booze-in time you'll deal with the sweets too.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sweets have become an entire food group for me. Although I didn't eat dinner, I will have ife cream. Yoga and then washing up and then washing floors and now a shower.

Venecia, I wish we'd have big storms. Blow off this humidity. Supposed to be 87 tomorrow. Welcome to autumn, right? Ugh.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, no overnight alarm calls thank goodness. See you all on the new thread, be there or be square
Old 09-22-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

up early, coffee already made...
last post - anti-shotgun

Looks like Dee got an early start on the new weekender...
I figured since I woke up at 3 I'd have a shot at shotgun...
Well like Sao sez, be there or be square...

they went here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6144996
Old 09-22-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will normally be later LBrain but I wasn't sure I'd get back tonight.

D