Notices

When a new baby is born, you see diaper ads....

Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When a new baby is born, you see diaper ads....

.....when you buy a new car, you can see that car everywhere. My husband and I were talking about this last night. When our kids were out of diapers, he didn't see anymore diaper ads. Our minds filter out what's not important to us at the time. Well, I want to quit drinking, so I see ads everywhere now. My favorite tv show has lots of drinking by an important character. Bar scenes, drinks being served.

How do you not "see", or cope with the advertisements? Whether it's on the side of a bus, or in a movie, etc.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I could have wrote your post coweyelens . We got a new car a few weeks back and I see the same model everywhere .
I think the answer to your question is " gain more sober time" with respect to the drink ads and also just accept them for what they are and have no meaning to you .
Having said that I saw someone with a pint of guinness on a TV show and it did ruffle my feathers a little .
Maybe we should campaign to get the Queen Vic or the Rovers Return to show more orange Juice drinkers .
Old 09-19-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Maybe we should campaign to get the Queen Vic or the Rovers Return to only show Roy Cropper drinking his orange Juice .
I have no idea what you're specifically referring to, but I get it...lol