SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Vertigo : Anxiety (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/397788-vertigo-anxiety.html)

theVman31 09-19-2016 05:20 AM

Vertigo : Anxiety

Im nearly 3 months sober.
Im having trouble sleeping and today a had some kind of anxiety/vertigo attack in the bloody cantine at work.
I was hardly able to get up off my seat. Felt like the room was moving... Once I did get up i was wobbling like I was drunk of all things...
Normally I have wicked bad anxiety and I dread the cantine but today was torture...Real bad buzzing in my ear aswell.
Any tips for an old dog ?

entropy1964 09-19-2016 05:33 AM

I can get vertigo when under a lot of stress. And yes, it creates tons of anxiety.

I saw a physical therapist and was treated with the Epley maneuver (google it). Its really just a chiropractic move, for lack of a better description. Its non invasive, non 'medical' and painless. They just move your head around to redistribute the crystals in the inner ear.

Medical drs don't have much of a solution for Vertigo except that 'it will pass'. If its not Vertigo, the Epley maneuver will not be effective. The physical therapist may have other suggestions. I would recommend seeing your medical dr if you aren't positive it's vertigo.

Good luck.

Zanna 09-19-2016 06:16 AM

Have you had your ears checked out? Could be an ear infection - they don't always give pain.
I also suffer (ed) from anxiety attacks and used to think ever mild symptom was down to those.

theVman31 09-19-2016 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Zanna (Post 6141432)
Have you had your ears checked out? Could be an ear infection - they don't always give pain.
I also suffer (ed) from anxiety attacks and used to think ever mild symptom was down to those.

Yes I have an ear problem but almost impossible to fix, tinnitus !
And yep it is related to vertigo but today it was anxiety and stress... brought it on. Probably these are the underlying symptons of why I ended up abusing...

When you say suffered , how did you manage to get better ?

Soberwolf 09-19-2016 07:07 AM

Have you seen a Dr recently Vman ?

theVman31 09-19-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Soberwolf (Post 6141516)
Have you seen a Dr recently Vman ?

Nope but after today I will.

Zanna 09-19-2016 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6141502)
Yes I have an ear problem but almost impossible to fix, tinnitus !
And yep it is related to vertigo but today it was anxiety and stress... brought it on. Probably these are the underlying symptons of why I ended up abusing...

When you say suffered , how did you manage to get better ?

I stopped drinking and by default - ears cleared up. Tinnitus, can also be caused by alchohol - i used to get buzzing and didn't think much of it - not had it for a while now. I'm not suggesting all your problems will vanish when you stop drinking, but you'll be in a better place to deal with them (and I suspect they won't be there) ;) We are not allowed to give out med advice on here (I'm a nurse) x

Soberwolf 09-19-2016 02:29 PM

Good job bud it made all the difference for me

Caramel 09-19-2016 02:40 PM

theVman31 - are you breathing regularly and fully?
Best wishes, hope dr's visit will help.

Dee74 09-19-2016 03:05 PM

yeah best idea is to see a Dr Vinny - most likely they can help :)

D

theVman31 09-20-2016 02:32 AM

Ok I have an appointment for 2moro evening after work.
Thanks to you all...

Soberwolf 09-20-2016 04:15 AM

Good job Vman

theVman31 09-21-2016 12:30 PM

Looks like im going to be trying hypnosis for thé anxiety....
For the vertigo and buzzing I have to go see an ears dr. :)

Saxy 12-08-2016 07:16 AM

Time

How long did it take to clear up! My ears are ringing 24 hrs a day

Originally Posted by Zanna (Post 6142024)
I stopped drinking and by default - ears cleared up. Tinnitus, can also be caused by alchohol - i used to get buzzing and didn't think much of it - not had it for a while now. I'm not suggesting all your problems will vanish when you stop drinking, but you'll be in a better place to deal with them (and I suspect they won't be there) ;) We are not allowed to give out med advice on here (I'm a nurse) x

thomas11 12-08-2016 08:33 AM

Have not read entire thread so maybe this has been mentioned.....inner ear infections can cause severe vertigo. My dad gets them.