Notices

Day 1

Old 09-19-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. Glad you're here. Keep us posted on your journey. You can do it.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roselover View Post
Pinky1 let's do this together😉 I'm about to leave for work and will check in as SOON as I come through the door.

And thanks for the support and warm welcomes everyone!!
We will do this together roselover. Will check the forum later. Let me know how it's going. Good luck ☺
I'm keeping busy today with housework
Old 09-19-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
We will do this together roselover. Will check the forum later. Let me know how it's going. Good luck ☺
I'm keeping busy today with housework
She seems like a really nice, friendly lady - got a good feeling that she's going to crack this
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Roselover
Old 09-19-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still day 1… it's after work, which is the worst for me and I managed not to get more booze. Anxiety was a little high this morning at work, and my head felt foggier earlier but has been getting better.

I am giving myself permission to feel crappy, moody, uncomfortable, etc. as I go through withdrawals over the next few days.

I'll be back to post more later, I have to get my son settled with dinner and homework.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Still day 1… it's after work, which is the worst for me and I managed not to get more booze. Anxiety was a little high this morning at work, and my head felt foggier earlier but has been getting better.

I am giving myself permission to feel crappy, moody, uncomfortable, etc. as I go through withdrawals over the next few days.

I'll be back to post more later, I have to get my son settled with dinner and homework.
Hey lady - allow yourself to feel any way you want to feel I am SO proud of you! I just knew you had something about you Hang in there girl x x x
Old 09-19-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Not going to sugar coat it - it will be awkward for 5 days - then you will feel a million and more - trust me? x
Old 09-19-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Roselover!!
Old 09-19-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Went to post last night but was midnight in UK and fell asleep!!
It's now day 2 hope the withdrawals aren't too bad. Take it easy we will feel better in a few days
😊
Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Keep it going folks.... a few days of feeling crappy then it will improve..... Well done on getting home on day one without buying the poison... think of those kiddies of yours.

Keep up the fight.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Nearing end of Day 2

Well… I hung in there😁 it's after work and I had one of THEE WORST cravings!!! Not only did I have a long day at work, but I got a bad school report from my son's teacher about his day… which is another one of my big triggers.

I was sooooo tempted to hop back in the car to pick up a half pint to take the edge off, but instead I sat on the couch to see how long the craving would last, and surprisingly only around 15 minutes.

Right now I actually feel ok. Earlier at work I could tell that my anxiety was high. I was sweating a little and my hands were shaking some… but it all stopped within an hour after starting my day.

I'm also taking multivitamins, and focusing on eating foods good for the brain such as dark leafy greens, raw fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, and drinking both pure and lemon water ONLY to help detox better. I notice some vertigo along with the anxiety… but giving myself time and trying not to freak out about it… I know that those symptoms come with the withdrawals territory.

Ok, I'll be back to give a Day 3 Update😃 This is soooooo hard😔 but I'm taking this hour by hour.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well… I hung in there😁 it's after work and I had one of THEE WORST cravings!!! Not only did I have a long day at work, but I got a bad school report from my son's teacher about his day… which is another one of my big triggers.

I was sooooo tempted to hop back in the car to pick up a half pint to take the edge off, but instead I sat on the couch to see how long the craving would last, and surprisingly only around 15 minutes.

Right now I actually feel ok. Earlier at work I could tell that my anxiety was high. I was sweating a little and my hands were shaking some… but it all stopped within an hour after starting my day.

I'm also taking multivitamins, and focusing on eating foods good for the brain such as dark leafy greens, raw fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, and drinking both pure and lemon water ONLY to help detox better. I notice some vertigo along with the anxiety… but giving myself time and trying not to freak out about it… I know that those symptoms come with the withdrawals territory.

Ok, I'll be back to give a Day 3 Update😃 This is soooooo hard😔 but I'm taking this hour by hour.
Well done keep going. I'm in bed day 2 over looking forward to day 3. Had bad cravings today but didn't help that went grocery shopping and seemed every aisle had wine of some description 😨 think it must have been my imagination running away with me. Anyway I resisted and am pushing onto day 3
I too am taking vitamins heard vitamin b1 is supposed to help so giving them a try too
We can do this
☺☺
Old 09-20-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well done keep going. I'm in bed day 2 over looking forward to day 3. Had bad cravings today but didn't help that went grocery shopping and seemed every aisle had wine of some description 😨 think it must have been my imagination running away with me. Anyway I resisted and am pushing onto day 3
I too am taking vitamins heard vitamin b1 is supposed to help so giving them a try too
We can do this
☺☺
Yay!!! I thought about you Pinky… yes 👍 we both are on to day 3! Let's check back in tomorrow😉 Great job on resisting the wine👍👍
Old 09-21-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yay!!! I thought about you Pinky… yes 👍 we both are on to day 3! Let's check back in tomorrow😉 Great job on resisting the wine👍👍
Day 3 nearly over! Roll on day 4 hope it's going well for you too roselover 👍
We so can do this 😊😊
Will check in tomorrow 😉
Old 09-22-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 3 nearly over! Roll on day 4 hope it's going well for you too roselover 👍
We so can do this 😊😊
Will check in tomorrow 😉
Hey Pinky and everyone! I was having trouble with my internet for a while yesterday and could not come online.

Well I messed up and had a drink. I was so stressed out at my son's behavior at school, it stresses me out repeating myself to him. Maybe I'm expecting too much and putting more pressure on myself than needed… which in turn triggers me to drink.

Well I'm starting over again today, but am at least proud to have given my body a break for two days. Small steps are better than no steps at all👍 although I feel bad for the drink, I don't want to drive myself mad because that will stress me out even more. Life is hard, so we have to be kind to ourselves sometimes too.

I will be back after work today, hopefully I won't have internet problems again so that I can come straight here
Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rosielover and welcome back

Maybe you need to build up that part of your recovery programme about stress and how you deal with it?

Can you think of other better ways to deal?

D
Old 09-22-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Roselover

Are you lone parenting? If so I DO understand how hard it is. You are having to deal with your son and the school on your own. You say you are repeating yourself to him and it is stressing you out. Could you maybe ring the school and say that you have taken on board their concerns, this is what you have tried, do they have any other suggestions? I'm sure your son's behaviour is not something they've never come across before so may have some ideas of other tactics.

I am honestly no parenting expert so please don't feel I'm trying to preach (like they do on the parenting forums!)

xx
Old 09-22-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey roselover bringing up kids is no easy task never mind if you are doing it on your own
Good for you for posting straight away and getting straight back to it after your relapse 👍
Keep posting here for support ☺
Old 09-22-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all of the support and replies ((((((HUGS))))))) to all of you😃😊😊 I'm staying strong so far… feeling great also because my son had a better day at school as well.

I wanted to do a quick after work check in, now I have to make dinner and do homework… so I will be back later to post to the replies😃
Old 09-22-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me Roselover, come over to the September thread-we're all with you on these early days. Dee is right about planning for stress, maybe have a little think what you can do to tweak your plan. Be kind to yourself!