Notices

So Depressed

Old 09-18-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Depressed

On day 36 and just depressed.

My friends are not real interested in hanging out like the BD thats doesn't drink is the plague because they do.

My wife has to talk about it all in some way EVERY day when I just want to smile and live some normalcy.

My father and I have almost 0 relationship now. My wife has been supposed to attempt ammends with him, was told to do so bu our counceler and has not made an effort to do so. Its hard to have a relationship with your dad when your wife is not happy with him.

Dont want to do a thing but be left alone right now and thats not good. Im just really sad. Everybody wants to say do this, you should, well I think, I want but never how can I help, what can I do, want to talk about anything except your addiction? Its I am the terd in the punch bowl.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 36, that's great!

Hopefully your depression will lift soon. If not, it might be an idea to talk to your dr.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Anna, BD. You're still in the early phase of this - things will change as you adjust to a new way of living. At one month I was rather down (though happy to be free of it). At three months I felt entirely different. You're still healing.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Focus on getting through each day sober. I think it is a fair request to ask those around you to give you space (please can we talk about anything other than drinking right now? Kind of thing)
The depression, flatness, etc are normal. You are healing. One day at a time and make THAT your lighthouse right now come hell or high water.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Catch 22

I understand you. I am also in early recovery and just talking about recovery all the time is so boring. One of the reasons I gave up on AA. It does get better. My friends now do not even notice that I do not drink. Hang in there.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BD been there still there it is not easy, take care with good food fresh air exercise meetings whatever it takes
Old 09-18-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with Anna, if the depression doesn't lift in a few more months, get a thorough checkup from your doctor.

Congrats on 36 days sober. Keep going, it does get better.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I think talking to your doctor would be a good idea if you continue to feel so down.

I have found getting outside and going for a walk or bike ride helps shift my mood. If the weather isn't nice maybe a trip to the gym?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I got through it and all the stuff that remains unresolved will get resolved.

Today is day 37 and is a Monday. Sunday used to be a heavy drinking day for me. But, today I feel awesome. I never have to go to bed again and worry about the physical affects of withdrawal that lie ahead.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job getting through it but be aware if it starts to follow a pattern then speaking with a Dr is a good idea

Congrats on day 37 & know were always here for you bud
Old 09-19-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 37 BD

D