Notices

Thank you.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Been coming to SR a number of months. Posted a few times and the words have been mostly encouraging.

I've slowly been weening off the idea that I need alcohol in my life. It's been over 30 now, 30 since then, had a number of events this week and I was the DD every time. I don't drink and drive, only destroy myself at home, when I gave in. I don't trust some of my old friends as DD, which is why I do it. Same friends since I was young and blasted, but we've all grown in our own ways.

I just want to say thank you to those who have read my posts and commented. I feel like I am on a good path to starving the wolf and most everyone close to me has responded in ways that only reinforce my new endeavor. Those who continue, love the worry free rides; I can't preach, just be there.

I'm very tired of dealing with the results of my bad decisions. I feel good, have been loosing weight and am just trying to get healthy. This is after many years of heavy abuse. I've learned it is never too late to help ourselves, before our bodies give out. This problem is not something many of us openly talk about, but we truly suffer in many ways. I can only hope the words from all of us will help those who are faced with the same questions and circumstances; registered or not.

Best to you all.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have my thrid meeting today and dont want to go pl;ease help!

I spoke with my sponsor and she told me call 3 people and go to a meeting today, call me after the meeting.

The problem is i dont want to go is day 3 of being dry and feling better and not as desperate so i dont want to deal with the whole "hi im s&H and im an alcoholic"

arhhh i just want to be normal and i dont want to go to a meeting with a bunch of people i dont want to talk with beacuse im sober.

im just scary i havent been able to keep sober and i think i need this meetings and the sponsor i just dont want to do it
Old 09-18-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh God sorry this is in the wrong place
Old 09-18-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how you feel hang in there xo
Old 09-18-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Endeavour
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
I spoke with my sponsor and she told me call 3 people and go to a meeting today, call me after the meeting.

The problem is i dont want to go is day 3 of being dry and feling better and not as desperate so i dont want to deal with the whole "hi im s&H and im an alcoholic"

arhhh i just want to be normal and i dont want to go to a meeting with a bunch of people i dont want to talk with beacuse im sober.

im just scary i havent been able to keep sober and i think i need this meetings and the sponsor i just dont want to do it

There is no wrong place and there is no normal to speak of. There is only us dealing with our own decisions and consequences of health or otherwise. What I do know, is day 3 is rough when consistently drinking, but it gets much easier after then. Just keep an eye on your physical responses because dependency is dangerous. When we are really sick, we seek professional help right? Meetings may not be your thing, but a doctors discretion and goal to get you well, might be in your best interest.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Elephants in the room, lol!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi soberandhealthy - i copied your posts over to a new thread for more response

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-help.html

D
Old 09-18-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

Did somebody say 30 days !!!

Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi soberandhealthy - i copied your posts over to a new thread for more response

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-help.html

D
Just a thanks Dee, congrats are a bit early. I feel like I have a lot of work to do to really change my thinking and also give myself a chance to heal from the terrible shint I've put myself through.

I appreciate the encouragement nonetheless and I

I'll truly celebrate when the idea of celebration no longer is associated in my mind, with a drink.