Notices

I felt realy bad about that chat

Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

I felt realy bad about that chat

Last night I had terible nightmares the second time in row
I woke up at 4 o clock in the morning(that's the time a meeting should start )so I joined it at 10 past 4after 2 people shared the floor was open for an open chat..Only me and two other persons stayed..They wrote what was troubling them and asked if I wanted to share something..So I told them I had some terible nightmares
which always goes together with a rush in the head..that it kind of hurt my body (does anybody recognize this?)
I also told them the dreams were very demonic..At that point one of the persons left the chat..The other person kept hanging around but did'nt say nothing..After about 2
minutes I asked if I said something wrong..He did'nt replied..Waited again a few minutes and asked if he was still there..Nothing! So again after a few minutes I said I starded to feel very bad..Still no reply.. Again a few minutes
later I left the chat by writeing xxxx it..
Was it because I wrote bout the rush in my head (I always had such nightmares too with an hangover) or because I wrote the dreams were demonic..I realy don't know ..But if the people who where there last night want to help me with not wandering bout what I did wrong than they always can send me a pm..I found it very strange in a way..
Maybe later today I will post a thread bout the nightmares
at the mental section..Thanks and hugs from Stefanie
Old 10-04-2004, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Aries-

I am sorry that you felt let down by the chat last night. Onething about a chat is that nobody has to stay and listen. At 4am well who knows...... maybe the others thought they were dreaming or something, or the baby started crying. Why don't you try one of the meetings if you have not you could meet some chat buddies there and make new friends....

Sometimes we just have to let the little things go and move forward rather than trying to figure everything out. Don't take what happened personally ok.....
Old 10-04-2004, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Stefanie...

Sharing personal things in any medium can leave us feeling vulnerable and unsure...

And... people don't always do what we need and expect them to do which aggravates those feelings ...

In my opinion... you did nothing untoward... unless you can project the demon images into someone else's head... ;o)

Keep working on you... and trust that people will let you know when they have an issue with you...

Last edited by bikewench; 10-04-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are really sensitive ones.. Like Splendra said maybe it had nothing to do with what you were talking about, or the folks had no experience with the topic.

I've been online and had the phone ring or heard a noise outside that needed checking, or even dozed off in front of the keyboard.

Post your question someplace .. I'm sure you will get some feedback.

One thing I have learned is that no matter how far out or weird my thinking may seem to me, there is usually another addict or alky who can relate. There are no dumb questions or things that can't be discussed. Sometimes I just need wait for the right opportunity.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Aries,
Don't give up. Go ahead and post your thoughts as you're doing now. We're all a friendly lot and will help you with whatever you've got going.
Sandy
Old 10-04-2004, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Stefanie.
I'm glad you could join us for the final minutes of the meeting last night.
I didn't ask you directly if you wanted to share, as I feel that newcomers to the chat room might sometimes feel a bit intimidated. But be assured that when I asked if anyone else wanted to share before the closing prayer, that included you, and you would have been most welcomed to do so.
Sometimes after meetings, many stay behind and chat. Other nights, everyone goes home!
As you get comfortable and start developing friendships here, feel free to invite a member to the chatroom. It's always open!
And I must say that when you arrived, I thought to myself... My god, what time is it in Belgium!
Old 10-04-2004, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I choose to live

No it's o.k ...I did'nt wanted to share..But it all came together in a way first the nightmares and than people asking me questions en while I reply they left the room
without saying nothing and staying away..Yes maybe I'm too sensitive Thanks I feel better now Love from Stefanie
Old 10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

This is why I ask people to remain courtious when coming in for meetings. In a real meeting would you get up and walk out on someone sharing? Probably not! I consider it to be inconsiderate, however, sometimes people DO get booted off the computer unexpectedly, and that just can't be helped. Please keep coming back Stefanie!
Old 10-04-2004, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Castaway

Stephanie,

Sandy
Old 10-04-2004, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Stef....

Another thing that could have been happening with the guy who didn't reply was he could have been frozen. Remember that guy who froze Sat night? He didn't vanish right away. Takes quite a few minutes for the name to go when you freeze.

As has been said before me, you'll start meeting new ppl and developing new friendships. Keep hanging around... we're a pretty good lot.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel any better, I believe I had demonic dreams while I was drinking, because as soon as I got sober, I stopped having the nightmares. I have Christian beliefs and believe in angels and demons, so don't worry-you aren't crazy! I'm sorry you didn't have a great chat, but things happen sometimes. Please keep sharing!