Notices

lost everything because of alcohol and this is day 2

Old 09-29-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This is a "no apology" zone. Post as much as you need. Can you avoid the social situations?
Old 09-29-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by blackened83 View Post
Day 15..
Sorry for posting so frequently.. But it is getting harder to be in social sutiations where everybody, i mean really everybody forcing you to drink. I think i need some support from you guys.
Post all you need or want to. There is no post limit where they take away your sober card if you post a lot.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
This is a "no apology" zone. Post as much as you need. Can you avoid the social situations?
Not really, i will be so unsocial, bored and alone. It is harder for me to stay away from the booze when you are bored and alone.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

i will be so unsocial, bored and alone.
I thought that too - in fact I found that many many social things happen without the need for alcohol - picnics, bike rides, movies, coffee dates, hobbies...

I did have to change my playmates a little - I surrounded myself with alcoholics and heavy drinkers fir years for a reason - but I had many old friends who either did not drink or drank normally, and I made lots of new friends too.

It takes a little time - but please don't be disheartened, blackened

D
Old 10-02-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 16.. Survived a concert with guys having fun of me and it didnt bother me at all.. I even met a nice girl without alcohol.. What scares me is, it is really getting easier without alcohol and i feel overconfident..
Old 10-02-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Blackend,

regarding "hitting rock bottom" I found some very good advice by reading the Blog of James Altucher. He also has been quit drinking. He has various articles on that topic, but especially the older ones are very good.

In his articles it's not so much about quitting booze, but how to handle such an situation.

Sometimes courage is not about “not breaking” but holding yourself together after you have broken. I which you all the strength requires to get out of this situation. Other have managed it, why should you not manage it?
Old 10-02-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThomPom View Post
Hey Blackend,

regarding "hitting rock bottom" I found some very good advice by reading the Blog of James Altucher. He also has been quit drinking. He has various articles on that topic, but especially the older ones are very good.

In his articles it's not so much about quitting booze, but how to handle such an situation.

Sometimes courage is not about “not breaking” but holding yourself together after you have broken. I which you all the strength requires to get out of this situation. Other have managed it, why should you not manage it?
Thanks a lot. I don`t think i am gonna break. I really like the new, energic and creative me. And it feels very weird the cravings only lasted for 3 or 4 days. Now i can not stand the smell of alcohol. I think i am on a good path.
The hard part is missing the idea of drinking. But i feel like i am going to survive this and put it to my past like a bad relationship..
Old 10-02-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey blackened,

Originally Posted by blackened83 View Post
Thanks a lot. I don`t think i am gonna break. I really like the new, energic and creative me. And it feels very weird the cravings only lasted for 3 or 4 days. Now i can not stand the smell of alcohol. I think i am on a good path.
The hard part is missing the idea of drinking. But i feel like i am going to survive this and put it to my past like a bad relationship..
I can relate 100% to what you are saying. My take is feeding the creative and energetic me as much as I can by implementing a structured recovery plan: sleep, diet, cognitive training, etc.

If it is about routines of drinking and not so much about the alcohol itself you might want to look in the book "the power of habit". It destructures routines and gives you some good information how to change them . It helped me a lot.

You can do this! Thomas