Notices

Okay, this is bad...

Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Okay, this is bad...

Literally reeling about my home alone, worrying that I might crash and fall and my dog will be the only one to find me...can't believe it can get this bad! But...holy crap, it can! I'm a little worried...
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you drunk? Do you need a hospital?
Old 09-16-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's happening Arpeggioh, SR is in your corner, talk to us?
Old 09-16-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

What's going on now? Please go to an ER if you are concerned about your health.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Been drunk for months, blew off work today due to hangover, started drinking before noon...endless cycle of self destruction, and very concerned about brain damage. How Do You Stop? Seriously...
Old 09-16-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Make a plan, Arpeggioh. You know how to do that. Start at the beginning, with an idea of how you want this to be. Sheet of paper and a pen. What's first? Write it down. And the next thing? Write that down too. Keep going until you arrive at what you think the desired state is.

I don't mean to sound patronizing because this is not trivial. This is a mindful exercise that forces you to break this task down into the smallest possible chunks. If you find a thing to be to daunting, break that down too, and keep breaking it down until you are at the point where each step is small and manageable. Then, get started, and cross stuff off your list as you go.

My first step was to get rid of all the alcohol in my house. I collected it, then I put it beside the toilet, and then I opened the bottles and then I poured it down. And flushed. Then I started to look after myself. Water. Food. Vitamins. Sleep. Light exercise. You can make your own list, but it has to work for you.

If that makes sense to you, then you can do this. The important thing is to start. Lots of support here for you. Please keep posting, Arpeggioh, OK?
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you freshstart; I'm not ER worthy tonight, but honestly don't know where to start to stop the insanity; your advice is helpful...meanwhile, try not to fall down and crack my skull...
Old 09-16-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Drunk posts happen here, people usually respond by saying pour it out, go to bed, then make a plan. I don't want to say that because truth always comes out when someone is drunk. If we know the truth then maybe we can help.

So what set you off last night? What made you continue today? Have you been drinking a long time? Why did you start? Have you used drugs? Did you take any today? Have you ever seen a psych?

You are desperately reaching out for help. Let us try.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Can you eat something and just go to bed? Start in the morning with a plan to not drink. I doubt you'll feel the best in the morning. Make a plan to find a comfy spot and read here, get on YouTube and look for alcoholism video's, binge on Netflix. If you continue drinking today, you'll feel worse tomorrow and prolong this.

Easier said than done I know. You can do this though, we've all been there and understand.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

You stop by litrelly stopping accepting that things will get progressively worse if you keep drinking

Pour out any remaining alcohol & drink some water bud
Old 09-16-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Arpeggioh, I don't want to overwhelm you with stuff. What I would like to do is post a link here. You don't have to go to it now, but it will be on this thread if you ever want to refer back to it.

Alcoholics Anonymous : Alcoholics Anonymous

It's the online version (.pdf) of The Big Book. Look at the "Chapters"...especially Chapter 1. Not now, but maybe later on or when you get a quiet moment. It's a real easy read, and very interesting.

We're all in the gutter together and we can all get out together. I had to get thrown out of my house before I ran across that link. I'm still trying to earn my way back into my house...just hasn't happened quite yet, but I'm getting there.

Anyhoo, you're in good company here. You can ask anything here and someone will answer, guaranteed.

Keep talkin'...........
Old 09-16-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
...blew off work today due to hangover, started drinking before noon...
This certainly brings back some horrible memories for me.

I would suggest, just as freshstart did, first getting rid of all the extra booze, then trying to get some sleep later today. If you don't work weekends, the next two days are the perfect time to do a little home detox. You can read the forums if you can't sleep and need something to do.

If you don't have the weekend off, then you have an even more pressing reason to get some sleep, so that you can go back to work tomorrow w/o a hangover. You probably do not want to lose your job over this thing.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you freshstart; I'm not ER worthy tonight, but honestly don't know where to start to stop the insanity; your advice is helpful...meanwhile, try not to fall down and crack my skull...
If you are drunk and in physical distress the ER is absolutely an option for you. Detox would also be a good place to start too. If you are too drunk to get yourself somewhere i'd call a friend or relative to come and help, you probably shouldn't be left alone in this state.

So that's where you start...pick up the phone and call a friend, a family member or even 911 if it's that bad. They would much rather come and find you drunk than injured or worse.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Scott - if you're reeling about and afraid you might hurt yourself by falling then the ER absolutely is an option, Arp.

D
Old 09-16-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
You stop by litrelly stopping accepting that things will get progressively worse if you keep drinking

Pour out any remaining alcohol & drink some water bud

yup. Things will never get better if you keep on.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, Bug...I am desperately reaching out! Your questions are good ones, and appreciated.

Knew I was alcohol dependent in my 20's, and now I'm 55...inpatient "treatment" several times over the years, never took; sober on my own for eight years, no meetings, in my 30's...started back on booze because I didn't like me very much; had a nice counselor once upon a time, who urged me toward "Gay AA" (met once a week in a city 45 miles away)...that didn't last long...

Not asking for answers here, just reaching out to "The Community" that is SR, because I gotta figure out how to stop this crazy sh*t, so I don't die, or go insane...
Old 09-16-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You need to start from the beginning Arpeggioh,

Right at the very start, the beginning of your new life without alcohol,

It's like a total reboot of your brain,

I didn't think that it was possible either but believe me my friend it is.

Bruno.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm 57. As I look back, I believe that I was an alcoholic at age 18, for sure. I had a 6-year sober stint (2000-2006). So today is Day-35 for me. It's doable. I have my second AA meeting of the day in 30-minutes. I'm lucky in that my meeting is less than 5-minutes away...and is a relatively small group, usually 15-20 attendees. So, Arpeggioh, what do you do for a living?
Old 09-16-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

...inpatient "treatment" several times over the years, never took; sober on my own for eight years, no meetings, in my 30's...

I gotta figure out how to stop this crazy sh*t, so I don't die, or go insane...
It sounds like you already do know how to stop from your previous experience. How did you manage to stop for eight years all on your own, which is not an insignificant amount of time?
Old 09-16-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

You start like we all did Arp...a day one.

Build up your support base, commit to using it, and make any & all changes you need to, to reflect your desire to be sober.

D