SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ~ One Week Today ~ Withdrawals Back?? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/397649-one-week-today-withdrawals-back.html)

VibrantQueen 09-15-2016 06:36 PM

~ One Week Today ~ Withdrawals Back??

I'm soooo super excited to have a week sober! I have not had a continuous week since my relapse and I'm thankful to God that I made it back. (Thank you Heavenly Father, I owe you all)

So, today I was taking a nap as my sleep has still been wacky since quitting alcohol. I was awakened by serious shaking, heart racing, and cold sweats for some strange reason. It was like I was experiencing days 2-3 all over again. I could not figure out for the life of me what was going on. Mentally, I was fine - I'm on meds for anxiety and depression. It was the physical that came back like a freight train.

Even now as I'm typing, my hands have a little bit of a tremor. Something I learned when I was in rehab was that it does take up to sometimes a month before all of the withdrawal symptoms go away. What I am experiencing has never happened to me before. Usually, I'm withdrawal symptom free after the first three to four days.

I will continue to do what I've been doing.
-Praying and reading
-Drinking water and eating as nutritiously (as I can LOL)
-Take my meds (as prescribed) and vitamins
-Go for a walk or some sort of light exercise
-Reach out to my physical support system
-Reach out to my virtual support system here at SR

You guys, members and guests alike, just don't know how much this little corner of the Internet has helped me.

Thanks! :thanks

REsoberALITY 09-15-2016 07:02 PM

Congratulations on a week! I experienced the very same same thing you are for up to 12 days when I quit as well. I'd have two good days after the first week and then it came back for about a day. Then repeated until I was almost 2 weeks sober. You're doing great, I think it just affects everyone differently.

Wishing you all the best tonight.

Tonymblue 09-15-2016 07:40 PM

PAWS maybe. Keep trucking on. Healthy foods helped me. Lots of vitamins too. After my last bender i was one solid with with withdrawals. Im sure tomorrow will be better.

SoberLifeForMe 09-15-2016 08:20 PM

Congrats on a week, VQ! Excellent job!

Dee74 09-15-2016 09:26 PM

That didn't happen to me - , but I hope you feel better soon,.
Consult your own Dr if it has you worried VQ :)

D

D122y 09-15-2016 09:53 PM

I had issues for months and months after I quit.

Paranoia, weak, sensitivity to sound and light, irritable...off balance, spacey...

It got better and better each day.

Keep posting and helping others. It really helps the mind to help folks.

Zanna 09-15-2016 09:56 PM

Could you be dehydrated for some other reason?

VibrantQueen 09-16-2016 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Zanna (Post 6137244)
Could you be dehydrated for some other reason?

I don't believe so Zanna. Since my last wine on 9/9/2016, I've only had water, green tea, and cranberry juice. I generally try to get 60-80 ounces of water a day, plus whatever I get from my servings of fruit.

It's only happened that once but I will continue to monitor it.

madgirl 09-16-2016 07:18 AM

If you can please consider Dr appt - I need to as well, as I suspect I am hypoglycemic. Here are symptoms from the American Diabetes Association: - Signs and Symptoms of Hypoglycemia (happen quickly) Shakiness. Nervousness or anxiety. Sweating, chills and clamminess. Irritability or impatience. Confusion, including delirium. Rapid/fast heartbeat. Lightheadedness or dizziness. Hunger and nausea.

Something to think about, we winos were used to a ton of sugar.

hpdw 09-16-2016 02:36 PM

great idea to get a doctor appointment . Everyone is different with withdrawals but I remember getting better about 4 days then having a dip like you describe then i picked up day after day a little at a time . The mental stuff was hard for me , couldn't think ,memory problems ,poor concentration, numb flat feeling, fear,apprehension , dread ...... all settled down now .