Notices

- Bluff Plantation? -

Old 09-15-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

- Bluff Plantation? -

Has anyone been here for treatment?

Last year I went to a facility which was terrible. I paid $2700 for 7 days, but left after 5. 15+ patients per counselor, dirty public restrooms, even blood on the countertop, in there.

So, this time I would like go somewhere a bit nicer, where I don't have to be in fear. My bp was 165/115 and my pulse rate 120 bpm at rest there...they kept trying to give me more bp meds, but the issue was the environment.

I did not drink for 44 days afterward, but it was very traumatic, and I don't want to go through that again.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you can make some phone calls to the rehabs you're interested in and ask specific questions about the environment in the rehab?

I hope you find a place that suits you.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Maybe you can make some phone calls to the rehabs you're interested in and ask specific questions about the environment in the rehab?

I hope you find a place that suits you.
Thanks for the response, Anna. Of course when you talk to them on the phone, they all sound perfect. :-)
Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why don't you try googling them and reading google reviews?
That's what I did when I looked at different treatment centres. Of course not every place has reviews, lots of them have testimonials but just like you say on the phone they all sound perfect.
But I would list a bunch of treatment centres you are interested in, and google for example "Sunnyvale treatment facility reviews" and see what pops up.

Good luck! I hope you find a good place this go round. And remember even googled reviews can be biased towards one person's particular bad experience.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I did google the place. And reviews were good...but just curious if anyone here has been there, for feedback.

As you can imagine...somehow when a place costs $50k for a month...there are mostly good "reviews" on the internet!

Seasons in Malibu is a $4800 copay for me, but cost is $56k for the month. Oddly, they also have "great" internet reviews...