Notices

Personal Growth in Sobriety Weekender Sept 16th - Part 1

Old 09-15-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Its raining!! This is fantastic after the recent humid heatwave. If you hear sirens from the middle of England, you'll know the neighbours have phoned emergency services, as I will have gone out and rolled in the lovely cool water
Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Welcome home saou

Great op weasel we will miss your op but you have to do what's best for you.
Better get myself ready to face the day.xx
Old 09-15-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

A great intro, as always. I saw this last night, just as I was running out of the door to my yoga class. My instructor always ends the class with a quotation. Last night it was: "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ” (Charles Swindoll). It seemed really fitting for the weekender thread. What's the most important thing about recovery? For me, working on my attitude, my thoughts, my beliefs. I think I am growing, that I am changing. SR plays a huge part in that. I might not be a prolific poster, but I read. A lot. Every day. I'm learning new ways of thinking and new ways of coping. It beats drinking, hands down.

While the weekend has a huge amount of work involved, I am determined to do something fun at some point. Most importantly, it will be spent sober.

Happy Friday, everyone.

ETA: Thank you for always making me feel so welcome here, Ken.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good to see you flossy! Even better to hear you are doing well. I need to try Yoga I think. Hmmm....

Thanks Petals!

Zanna... Cool crisp weather here in Maine. Nice sleeping weather. I am a bit chilly this morning but refuse to bundle up. Keeps me feeling more alive that way. LOL
Old 09-16-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I think even the sunworshippers here, are ready for cooling down. Air conditioning, is not something we've ever really needed before.x
Old 09-16-2016, 01:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

I woke up feeling extremely low today. Just can"t see the light at the end of the tunnel. Deeply depressed again.

Life is slipping by and I have not chance to live it. Always running from fear.

Feel lost again.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi midnight why are you feeling this way, what has triggered it? X
Old 09-16-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Ellie, I have a history of depression, and my recent financial turmoil and upcoming battle with banks and , likely colection agencies, doesnt make up a lot of positivity in my life.

I just feel that all my entire life I have lived out of concept of compensating for some inadequacy, some deficiency in me. And now I am just drained out and life doesnt seem appealing to me in any way.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Midnight were always here for you x
Old 09-16-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Greetings all,

I awoke this morning to glorious sunshine, a cold crisp morning. I love mornings like that. An incident delayed my morning commute by two hours - continued sobriety is leading me to not get as frustrated with what the universe throws at me - not my circus, not my monkeys. I imagine the traffic incident was human error, but it may have been extraterrestrial, given recent alien abductions!

Greetings to all new folks who have joined The Weekenders for the first time: happybean, elicia, whiskybent, and BD84 to name a few. This thread was my lifeline and oasis of sanity in the early days. Keep reading and posting, you can do this. Great things lie ahead.

Than you K for the OP and everything you have done for so many people around here.

Sorry you are feeling depressed Midnight - what have you done in the past that helps when you feel like this? Take care of yourself.

My best wishes to everyone,

B
Old 09-16-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find a way out of your financial problems MB.
We're always here for you

D
Old 09-16-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sorry midnight just sent u long reply but got timed out so will start again! Gahhh X
Old 09-16-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mblue, time to go attack the heavy bag.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checking in on an early Friday morning.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning! I'm so happy it's Friday. Work has been brutal this week. Ready for a relaxing weekend.

(((Mb)))
Old 09-16-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Marty...Monday is two days away. Sorry.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That was mean, Trach!!
Old 09-16-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
A great intro, as always. I saw this last night, just as I was running out of the door to my yoga class. My instructor always ends the class with a quotation. Last night it was: "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ” (Charles Swindoll). It seemed really fitting for the weekender thread. What's the most important thing about recovery? For me, working on my attitude, my thoughts, my beliefs. I think I am growing, that I am changing. SR plays a huge part in that. I might not be a prolific poster, but I read. A lot. Every day. I'm learning new ways of thinking and new ways of coping. It beats drinking, hands down.
Glad to hear you are realizing the benefits Flossy...
That quote made me think back to the other day when the truck lost his cargo and it came tumbling across the road into my car. I just realized I didn't even say a word when it happened. Not even to my wife who was the passenger, except to assure her no damage was done (except for the scratches on the light cover I didn't bother telling her about). I just looked at the car, looked at the guy, picked a washer from the broken wheel and handed it to him, looked at all of the stopped traffic, then just got in my car and drove off... The guy already knew he made a mistake, I didn't have to tell him, or yell and make a scene... I just drove away...

MB, I'm very sorry to hear of your feeling down. I know more than most here of what you are having to endure. Wishing you the best.

I've been in a deep funk the past couple days. After I took last weekend 'off' I have been somewhat idle. I need to get busy again.
I still have a lot to do...
Heading to the lake today with the missus... Note to self: Call 1-800- before-you-dig. Not sure yet if I am going to go for a trench, but if I do I have to have the gas line marked first - it's close.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Hey Marty...Monday is two days away. Sorry.
relax Marty, it's three days away here on earth...
Old 09-16-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Reason #136 for not drinking: you have the coordination and energy to play sport! Played hockey last night and I was on fire. Two goals and an assist, which for me is a big night. Felt good to be sober, focused and a little lighter on my feet. Hey, I should have tried playing hockey sober sooner. Looking forward to next thursday already.