Notices

Over a month sober. Find myself craving again a bit.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Remember the reasons you quit. Drinking or using substances covers up some problems so they get worse when you get sober, at first. You have to be patient during that time. It will get better.

Have you been self-medicating while trying with meds? Have you been on meds as prescribed *and* off other substances for prolonged times? Don't mean to pry but if not, you might not have given yourself a chance to see a benefit.
I second the above. I took anti-depressants while drinking for a couple of years, and while they helped a little, I didn't see the best benefits until I stopped drinking. The doctors told me I shouldn't drink while on them, but of course I did anyway, because, well, I'm an alcoholic. Also, just quitting I think was huge step forward to feeling less depressed and anxious. But it took a few months of continued sobriety for that, too. Bottom line - it really will all get better if you stay sober a while. After a while of being sober, you could try meds again and see if they work better when you aren't drinking.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

X 3.....I talked my neurologist into prescribing a.d.'s off-label for insomnia issues while trying to quit. said it was due to the neuropathy and didn't mention drinking. hated the side affects.did nothing for the insomnia. made anxiety/depression worse.tried 3 different kinds. of course I was still drinking somewhat. I don't feel like I really need them now but wouldn't hesitate to give them another chance.....sober.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I found a sense of purpose in AA. They had a set of instructions on how to be a better person. I have a long way to go but I'm a much better person than I was and I try to get a little better everyday
Old 09-15-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Duoble post
Old 09-15-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey smilax, don't bother listening to that voice-I did and I'm back on Day 2 after about a month sober. It isn't worth it trust me. What I wish I could do to replay that Tuesday and not give in to the insanity. I just needed to pause and think what in my plan wasn't working. But no I didn't pause and I'm in a right mess now.