Notices

It's way past time to do this.....

Old 09-19-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello all....I am happy to say that I just started day 10 of sobriety. I can not even tell you how long it's been since I've gone 10 days without a drink. It's been so long ago that I can't remember. I have had several instances over these past 10 days when I didn't think I was going to make it. When I've started in the direction to the liquor store only to find the strength to turn around. Where I've driven past a pub and thought "maybe I'll pop in for just a drink or two", but didn't. I've had moments of panic when I knew the only thing that would make me feel better would be some drinks, but pushed through the panic. What I'm saying is it hasn't been easy, but here I am.

I'm not out of the woods. Strong cravings and anxiety still creep up on me at the usual times of the day. But I am familiar with when those times will be and I log on to this site to read about my fellow soldiers in this battle and it gives me strength. I'm convinced if it wasn't for this site, I would be sitting here this morning nursing a hangover, feeling guilty for failing, and feeling hopeless.

I know the next 10 days won't be a "cake walk", but I'm looking forward to getting through them and being 20 days sober. Let's all have a safe and sober week. PEACE !!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Morning Rob,

Your story struck a chord here. I was a beer drinker as well. Same fear of life without it. Same resolve in the morning that faded as the day went on until I found myself drinking again. I had to avoid many things in early sobriety like my patio, grill, etc... to get through. That was over 2 years ago. Hang in there buddy. It's well worth it.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging words sg1970. Congrats on having the chains of addiction off for over 2 years. I hope that 2 years from now, I'll be in that place too. I'm counting on it !!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Originally Posted by Rob65 View Post
Hello all....I am happy to say that I just started day 10 of sobriety. I can not even tell you how long it's been since I've gone 10 days without a drink. It's been so long ago that I can't remember. I have had several instances over these past 10 days when I didn't think I was going to make it. When I've started in the direction to the liquor store only to find the strength to turn around. Where I've driven past a pub and thought "maybe I'll pop in for just a drink or two", but didn't. I've had moments of panic when I knew the only thing that would make me feel better would be some drinks, but pushed through the panic. What I'm saying is it hasn't been easy, but here I am.

I'm not out of the woods. Strong cravings and anxiety still creep up on me at the usual times of the day. But I am familiar with when those times will be and I log on to this site to read about my fellow soldiers in this battle and it gives me strength. I'm convinced if it wasn't for this site, I would be sitting here this morning nursing a hangover, feeling guilty for failing, and feeling hopeless.

I know the next 10 days won't be a "cake walk", but I'm looking forward to getting through them and being 20 days sober. Let's all have a safe and sober week. PEACE !!
ROCK ON, Rob! I'm glad you're doing so well. I totally agree what you you said about this site. It's a life saver!