Notices

Day 3

Old 09-14-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I'm on day 3 today. I always thought that when I stopped drinking I wasn't going through any physical withdrawal symptoms but I've noticed lately that I am extremely anxious on days that I don't drink and also have been experiencing some heart palpitations and feel this must be related to my alcohol consumption. It's an eye opener anyway. I am going to try and make it to a meeting tonight. I'm kinda nervous about it though. I know it's irrational and only good things will come from it but I am really shy when it comes to going to new places on my own. It's what has stopped me from going all these years. I don't have anyone to go with me because I live in a new city and don't know anyone. I guess it's time I put my big girl pants on and get out there.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 3 is great! Good job. Now sounds like a perfect time for an AA meeting. You can absolutely go, sit in the back and simply listen. I did this for quite awhile (I am now almost 7mo sober) and gradually opened up to people - and I am NOT a shy person, so truly, take your time.

Your symptoms are normal. You don't mention how long or how much you were drinking, and after a few days, most of us are truly at the beginning of our bodies' recovering. Here is an article on PAWS that might help you -
https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=h...TECB1DBQq6LWeA

Good luck- you can get and stay sober, and live a much better life.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its normal to be apprehensive about meetings. I try to remember that its a community of people who are much like me and understand how I'm feeling. I also recognize that without a program of recovery, I will fail. So its do or die.

Newcomers are what keep AA alive and thriving. Just like here. You are actually helping others by simply being there.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Just Keep Coming Back

Congrats on Day 3 - I too am in a new city and don't know anyone. I went to a meeting the Tuesday and met two very nice women. Give it a try...you just might meet someone new.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 is famous for being crappy - keep going! By tomorrow you'll feel loads better and by day 5, you'll feel amazing

I also moved recently and found volunteering at a charity shop, a great way to make new friends. Pick a charity that means something to you for added satisfaction
Old 09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Ruby!! Keep pushing through!! :
Old 09-14-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. There's a women's AA meeting close to where I live so I will be checking it out this evening. I'll let you guys know how it goes
Old 09-14-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job keep it up x