SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/397518-day-2-a.html)

lizard64 09-13-2016 02:38 AM

Day 2

Fully awake now after a totally sleepless night. Was pacing around the house all night with such terrible feelings of anxiety, fear, loathing and dread. Kept convincing myself I was having a heart attack, jumping out of my skin at the slightest sound. The angel on my shoulder keeps telling me that it's a positive thing that I can actually remember the night before whereas the devil on my other shoulder keeps telling me that all of these terrible feelings would disappear if I have a drink. I'm struggling today but trying to stay strong!

:a108:

meowychristmas 09-13-2016 02:44 AM

You are strong, Lizard! Maybe you can sneak a nice nap in. :)

Zanna 09-13-2016 02:46 AM

I always found days two and three, to be the worst, but stay strong, keep going and by day 5, you'll feel amazing :)

naturesdopeflo 09-13-2016 02:49 AM

Sounds like you are withdrawing. You getting tremors? I hate the feeling of shakiness and twitches, with heart palpitations, and whatnot. It sounds like you're withdrawing. I've heard magnesium helps. Try and eat something with some magnesium. Hopefully someone is there with you too. If you feel like you might have a seizure, call 911.

August252015 09-13-2016 02:59 AM

You can do it! The symptoms are normal and will pass.

Take care of yourself- hopefully you can have a simple day with whatever you have to do. Try to eat, and drink plenty of non-caffeine bevs, whatever you can. I too recommend naps- I took them a LOT for weeks.

Hang in there- it will get better if you don't drink!

lizard64 09-13-2016 03:28 AM

Thank you for your replies...yes I've got the shakes but it's good to know that it's "normal"!! I'm signed off work for the rest of the week and my partner is at work so maybe will be posting on here quite a lot for some support

Zanna 09-13-2016 03:30 AM

One of the many good things about SR, is that there is always someone around 24/7 :)
That's great, that you booked the week off work - shows you mean business :)

gatorman 09-13-2016 03:35 AM

Keep going...it will get better. Stay on SR, it's great support.

sobersolstice 09-13-2016 03:56 AM

Yeah. I'm up super early this morning too because it's only been a few days. I felt good during the day my first day (for some reason, can get by on few hours of sleep), then it's tough for me for a few days. I find it helps to buy a lot of healthy foods, and eat them whenever a wave hits you. I drink organic soda and flavored sparkling water, but water and some electrolytes are better.

Tonymblue 09-13-2016 04:18 AM

Keep pushing through. Those symptoms will subside.

tomsteve 09-13-2016 04:48 AM

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Soberwolf 09-13-2016 04:55 AM

Keep up the good work & keep on keeping on Lizard