Notices

Thank God for AA and Sponsors

Old 09-12-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank God for AA and Sponsors

So I have been going to AA for about 2 months with my heart half in and a part of me holding back. I haven't had any huge cravings until today. Like a ton of bricks I was having a bad craving. It wasn't like oh a cocktail sounds nice , it was man I want to get smashed. After those feelings I wanted to cry. I can't really pin point exactly why it came on so strong. I was about 2 hours from meeting my sponsor at an AA meeting. Once I was there, relief!! I didn't even have to tell my sponsor I was having a not so great day. She could feel it radiating off me and sat down to talk with me. It's pretty amazing that after a strong craving, two hours later I'm sitting at AA and also discussing it with another sober person. Things have changed! I feel a lot better.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you lintz. I remember you because I think our sobriety dates are similar. Just remember at those tough times how far you've come. You can't through it all away. We can't through it all away! I know that the cravings will go away and I also no just one drink will send me back to a place I never want to go. Be strong and I'm so glad you got through it. I'm pulling for you my friend. One more thing. I kind of like the bad days.....I know that tomorrow will be awesome 😀
Old 09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mattq2 View Post
Good for you lintz. I remember you because I think our sobriety dates are similar. Just remember at those tough times how far you've come. You can't through it all away. We can't through it all away! I know that the cravings will go away and I also no just one drink will send me back to a place I never want to go. Be strong and I'm so glad you got through it. I'm pulling for you my friend. One more thing. I kind of like the bad days.....I know that tomorrow will be awesome 😀
Thank you Matt! I knew if I drank today there would not have been enough alcohol in the world to make me feel better. It made me realize how much I love AA and it was a big lesson on what to do when those cravings hit! I actually did something right. Go us!
I was just thinking.... Tomorrow will undoubtedly be a lot better
Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your right! Tomorrow will be a great day.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

pretty wild how out HP's can be at work without us knowing it.
good on ya,Linz!

and that sponsor knowing.... it STILL amazes me that he can even hear it on the phone.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you feel better