Notices

Need help to understanding - am afraid

Old 09-13-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
I'm sorry if you found my comments hurtful. They certainly weren't intended that way. For me, in that period where I was still trying to figure it all out, I spent so much time looking back, that I found it hard to move forward (mentally). My head was full of the old problems and things that I could not change hoping round and round, which took up a lot of emotional energy. It also kept me close to the idea of drinking, because the drinking was what i kept thinking about. Once I'd decided to just accept things for what they were (I.e. accepting that if i take the first drink, then chances are I'd get more drunk than intended and do and say beastly things, so the answer needed to be no first drink) then I was more able to look forward, become more solution focussed than problem focussed, and life seemed much brighter and hopeful.

I didn't realised you'd already quit. I was reading it as that yiu intend to quit. So apologies for that as well. And congratulations on your accumulating sober time.
Thank you for explaining. I understand now what you were saying. I read it differently and it seemed judgmental. I'm glad you were able to think through your life and get on track. I have just started that journey and it MUST be successful in order for me and those around me to be happy. Thank you again for both posts.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I stopped drinking with help from learning AVRT.
It seems you have already identified your 'Beast' as Sybil
Sybil is your addictive voice AV
It might help

Keep on keeping on

(
"<_UIGestureRecognizerFailureRequirement: 0x1abaeb90; state: initial; gesture: <UIScrollViewPanGestureRecognizer: 0x1abc99e0>; type: relationship>"
)