Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I usually drink a full cast of win a day red wine dalco 9. something percent

Notices

I usually drink a full cast of win a day red wine dalco 9. something percent

Old 10-01-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
My only comment is that it sounds like a lot of damn work. Wouldn't it be much easier to eliminate such a rigorous schedule from your life completely? Not to mention safer and healthier?
Being an addict and alcoholic is really hard work. Trying to make sure "no one knows" (they know), hiding bottles, chewing mints, watching your rear view mirror and hoping not see the flashing red lights, hear the siren, worrying about being called in for a personal talk with the boss, keeping it from the kids (they know), losing stuff, finding stuff (like underneath the seat of your car), having men with badges find stuff. nightmares, sleeplessness, worry that some of those Forex trades might have been screwed up.

W.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

P.S. How do the benzos and the booze mix with the Forex trading? When you try to beat the market does it help to be drunk and/or stoned? I gather there's been a lot of manipulation on the Forex recently. I really enjoyed (?) that "Rogue Trader" movie about the Barings Bank guy. Also the one called "Boiler Room" and of course "Wall Street" (greed is good!). Had some heart surgery recently and was thankful that the nurses and doctors weren't spaced out. But I couldn't really tell since they had me spaced out on propanol. Do the Aussie aborigines get spaced out when they play their didgeridoos and whirl their "bull roarers"?

W.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey

Originally Posted by turnedtobenzos View Post
Now I have turned to benzos, and because my mother is a loving mother has forced me to not drink at nor before 2:20pm so i'm in australia and already had a couple.

My trouble is filling my day i'm a forex trader i put two trades on a day and bored rest of the the day.

So went to doctor and I am on clozopan, klonopin whatever you call it i take two in the morining with water instead of one like it says i the bottle.

I also make a cappaccino for my trip (yes im driving to mooloolaba beach) i also pack a drink foll of potassium , , and pack a penut butter sandwich both which increaze benzo

so its 4:30 and i've drunk my oh i also drink teah with passionflower before the trip to ..

so im driving along my drive i smash the passionflower with tea (increazes gamma as also a benzo, paxam is long lasting i know i have hour to kick in smash the potassiaam powerade drink, and smash a penut butter sandwich also full of gamma. To invert i also pack a strong cappacino a stimuluent to offset the sedative.

i get to the beach and i'm beach walking for hours full of energy

so i took the two paxams which suppposly work for 8 hours they really dont its more 6

if left at 4:30 am driving , get to mooloola a beach feeling great

come 6 hours 10:30 or 11:30am 6 hours i simply have to pull over lock all the doors tur musick on leave car running with air con
its a bliss high of (hough do i explain sleeping delerium ) it last half an hour you know its ove r cause you cant force yourself to sleep anymore

now remember i left at 4:40am,, 11:30am i slep in my car for half an hour it doesn't ever seem to last longer than that but coming out of it feels bliss then its just a wait till 1:30pm drive home buy alchohol at 1:30pm occupy myself for 1 hour until 2:30pm
then pop to more clozopanans at exactaly 12:30pm
I'm almost close to my mothers demandments do not drink before lunchintime its okay but i buy a 12 percent bottle of wine wait for it to freeze before i know it 12:30 has turned into 1:30pm quite quickly
and away i go smashing a 12 percent 4 dollar bottle of wine instead of two
with to paxams,

thats my story and thats how im getting buy

the benzos i know are increasing the alchohol streangth but at the same time is making me drink less

thats me its a constant struggle with me

notice i said paxam i take 2 x 2 ml in morning then 8 hours before about to drink 2 x 2mg of clozopam paxam then hit the 1 bottle of 12.5 percent champagne i find i can't go threw two bottles

then when night comes its all over can watch movie and fall aslweep at 12

and tomorrow the horror all starts again.

thats my life
Im brand new to this site so I cannot offer any quality advice. I am not sure how Austrialla's health care works but the lack of sleep, benzos and alcohol mix is deadly. Benzos and alcohol are deadly on their own, and I have mixed them in the past. It's remarkable to me how you are able to remember these things. I would Suggest impatient rehab when you are ready. I'm trying to become sober so we can work together
Old 10-01-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Gaba

The reason benzos slow down our drinking is because benzos and alcohol both work on the brain's GABA receptors. Benzos and alcohol are both depressants and their effects parallel one another.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi turned. I'm exhausted reading about your regimen and all the research that must have gone into it. I believe when you are ready to quit destroying yourself, the research and regimen can be applied to a recovery plan that will work for you. Best to you
Old 10-01-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Turned: Is it possible that this entire scenario, this "plan" of yours, which appears to be self destructive and filled with risk, is little more than an elaborate rationalization, promoted by your AV, to continue getting a buzz, to keep doing "what you want, when you want," etc. You mention your mother and how she "permits" you to have two drinks in the morning. I doubt that you can get well until you quit being dependent on an enabler, until you decide to do it for yourself and tell your AV to go play a didgeridoo.

W.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

P.S.I don't mean to be combative. It's just that I've "been there- done that!" For forty years. Ending in a massive relapse, possible liver damage (recovered from that, fortunately), rehab, aftercare and 28 years of sobriety since then. There is a massive weight of evidence that you appear to have a progressive, chronic and ultimately fatal illness, from which recovery is possible, but in all likelihood not the way you appear to be proceeding at the present time.

W.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

P.P.S. Correction: I got it twisted around (no I'm not drunk -just got it twisted) Your mom says not to drink in the morning. But I gather you do. Anyway I'll be hornswoggled and hogtied if I can make out what's going on here. Like you figure you drink less if you take benzos, another addictive substance. That's good? Can't follow the logic. Like take opium, cocaine, ecstasy, etc. and you won't drink as much. Taper off drinking by taking other addictive stuff. Following this has me pixillated (see Jimmy Stewart in the Mr Deeds movie).