SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Apologies for my previous thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/397380-apologies-my-previous-thread.html)

Bruno1979 09-10-2016 08:05 AM

Apologies for my previous thread

Hi guys,

I'd like to apologise if I offended anybody with my pagan thread earlier,

It was an inappropriate use of the word "malarkey". To be perfectly honest I was not aware of its meaning, I personally thought that it meant "thingy" which to be honest is probably equally inappropriate.

My mother always told me not to get into conversations about politics or religion as somebody somewhere will be offended with what's said. This seems to be one of those times.

Back to what we are all here for,

Have a wonderful sober weekend,

Take care,

Bruno :)

Jsbodhi 09-10-2016 08:06 AM

Xoxo

Dunsuppin 09-10-2016 08:08 AM

Haven't seen the other post but do love the word malarkey, reminds me of my mother who was Scottish, she used it all the time.

Jsbodhi 09-10-2016 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dunsuppin (Post 6129566)
Haven't seen the other post but do love the word malarkey, reminds me of my mother who was Scottish, she used it all the time.

I like the word malarkey too haha

hpdw 09-10-2016 08:39 AM

10/10 Bruno for holding your hands up to the malarkey . The kind people here have already forgiven you,I'm sure of it . we knew you meant no harm didn't we .

Berrybean 09-10-2016 09:06 AM

As another UK member, I would say that my understanding of malarkey wouldn't be as the definition on the thread was. In my area it's used in a far more general way, and if someone referred to "...higher power malarkey. .." That would be interchangeable with " .... higher power business. .." Or similar. Was that your understanding of the work as well?

Fly N Buy 09-10-2016 09:15 AM

Heard in a meeting..........
If I haven't offended you today, come back tomorrow.

Bruno1979 09-10-2016 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Berrybean (Post 6129627)
As another UK member, I would say that my understanding of malarkey wouldn't be as the definition on the thread was. In my area it's used in a far more general way, and if someone referred to "...higher power malarkey. .." That would be interchangeable with " .... higher power business. .." Or similar. Was that your understanding of the work as well?

Yep spot on Berrybean mate

hpdw 09-10-2016 09:34 AM

Shenanigans would have been worse lol .

Gilmer 09-10-2016 12:43 PM

It is really nice of you to apologize, especially since you meant no harm.

Definitely read around the site; you'll no doubt find quite a few people whose journeys really resonate with you.

Thank you!

Leezer 09-10-2016 12:46 PM

melarkey in the US is a nice way of saying

thomas11 09-10-2016 04:06 PM

Don't sweat it Bruno. Its all good.