Notices

Hello my friends

Old 09-09-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello my friends

Well first of all I hope that you all are doing well and are staying strong.I have not been around for almost a year and a half or more so I thought that I would send you all a note, the reason for not absence is actually a good one I am very proud to inform all of you here at Sober Recovery that I have remained sober for almost 2 years now. When I first found SR a few years ago I was a broken spirit who was about at the end of my rope, I was not very far from being just another statistic of another person who chose booze over everything else that mattered in life I was fighting a losing battle that would have eventually taken all who loved me away and would have pushed me to a early grave.One morning while I was searching the internet for anyone or anything that would give me some kind if help with my problem.Then fortunately for some reason I typed the name sober in my search box and Sober Recovery came in focus so I said to myself "what can I loose" so I visited this wonderful site I honestly think that it was Gods way of sending me a blessing to see just how serious I was about wanting my normal life back,well here I am a few years later and a little wiser but more importantly that morning was the last time that booze ever touched my lips after a week of reading posts and seeing that I was not alone and that there were many others in the same boat as I was I found a new home that I could come and visit to get some motivation and hope that with I could beat this evil addition if I really applied myself so I also made a commitment to myself,my family and friends and more important I made a promise to God that I had had enough and it was my time to change my life style.I have kept that commitment and I am doing fantastic I have lost all my need and cravings for Alcohol I will now make a commitment to all of you that I'll shall never let anything that can control and ruin my life come into my body ever again.I want to thank the Staff and all the very fine people that I have met here at Sober Recovery for the support,motivation and caring for I owe you all a great deal to so I just wanted to let you all know that there is a way out, a way to be healthy and sober I won't sugar coat it because first of all you have to want it, you have to be ready and you have to make a commitment if you can grasp what I just said then I have faith that if you apply yourself you will be able to write a post like this very soon.Never give up and have faith love your family and friends but most of all love yourself enough to make a change that will save your life and make you healthy and happy .I will pray for you all I wish you the very best in your journey,keep coming to Sober Recovery and you will never be alone you will be with the people who care.Thank you Sober Recovery I will keep all of you up to date have a great weekend.

Best Regards,
Jessy
Old 09-09-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on nearly 2 years, Jessy! SR was also my very first recovery resource when I started this (not exactly linear, for me) journey. I just decided to come back to the forum after a break.

You post radiates that you have found peace in your recovery, which is, I believe, the real deal for many of us
Old 09-09-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Jessy,
Congrats and Thank You for your inspiring story! I am happy for you and wish you a long and wonderful life! Keep posting!
p.s. I am going to read your post every morning because I want that attitude!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jessy
Old 09-09-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on <2 years Jessy. I am glad you shared your success with SR
Old 09-09-2016, 02:52 PM