Notices

Make it through to Monday Weekender Sept 9th Part 1

Old 09-08-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Love the pictures LBrain.

Well my rash seems to be clearing up since I started sleeping with the windows open.
I'm not looking forward to going to my parents tomorrow. I spent years there wishing that I was anywhere else that it kind of has memories for me - good and bad I have to say.

I think I made a mistake at work today which is bothering me.
Unfortunately my consultant is the only one who seems to avoid the computer. He doesn't read his emails - I do that and print off anything that looks important. Also he is the only one who doesn't used the software on the computer for dictation. He has a small tape recorder and cassettes and he leaves the tape on my desk at the end of the clinic. So this morning I had a good few cassettes. I am supposed to delete the old ones when I'm finished. I think I got the new one mixed in with the old ones and deleted it. I was kind of concerned but the girls were telling me "he saw about 8 patients. All the notes will be in the file. He will go through each one and say a few sentences. It'll take him 15 minutes maximum. He loves his work. It happens all the time. Don't worry about it".

Still I don't like creating extra work for people. I didn’t get to see him today so when I left this evening so i left the charts on his desk with a note and legged it.

Honestly it's time to drag this guy out of the Stone Age. Our manager is trying to get him to use the computer software but he's digging his heels in.

Hope I still have a job in the morning because I do actually enjoy it
Old 09-08-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tate9685 View Post
30 days tomorrow and many more I hope! LBrain, gorgeous work. Brandon, it's good to have healthy goals but sometimes we try to do too much at one time. Sobriety is first and maybe you could let that be your focus for awhile longer. I have found that trying to diet or restrict myself while trying to stay sober can turn into a trigger. That's me. Just a thought. I try to mix healthy foods into my diet but if I am craving sugar or something unhealthy I let myself enjoy it. One day at a time and one thing at a time.
Congrats on your 30 days! That's fantastic! Trust me, I believe we have one life to live, and it should be spent enjoying the things we love.

What else have you been doing to maintain your sobriety over the last 30 days?

I recently stopped exercising regularly because I was sick of it and sick of not getting decent results. A couple weeks out from that and I feel even worse now, and I can't decide whether or not that reflection is actually growing. I am well aware that my lack of results was largely (if not entirely) tied to my drinking and lack of discipline on the weekends. Hopefully my determination this time will prevail.

Believe me, I did already consider the "one thing at a time" issue. Your message does not fall on deaf ears, and I appreciate it. I thought I might give it the rest of this month and start back up on October 3rd (Monday), but I'm impatient.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

And to add to that, this decision to quit drinking has been monopolizing my thoughts for the last couple weeks. I really need to focus my attention somewhere else that would be a lot more productive.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Tetra, think of it this way... you don't HAVE to be there, you choose to be there...

it's like hi-school, I hated hi-school and I hated going, because I had to go...
interesting that college classes were different, I loved going because I WANTED to go... it's not quite the same, but you do control when and if you go or not... so think of it as just a visit, sure, it may be an obligatory visit, but it is a visit none-the-less... and every time you do go, it is a reminder of why you want to stay on course and make the best of your current situation AND have motivation to improve on it... and when you leave, you leave... you don't have to be home by a certain hour, and mom - even though she is how she is - isn't worried about what time you get in... you have a life separate from that now...
thank your lucky stars you have that option... and remind yourself every time you leave, that it is entirely up to you... and in time, we hope, she will quit calling all the time and finally let you be an adult - YOU ARE AN ADULT, so don't let the actions of another make you feel anything less than that - HER PROBLEM, NOT YOURS
Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight x
Old 09-08-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

My 11 and 8 yo's help with the raking, but it is a BIG project. I'll have to post pics of the operation when we're in the middle of it. A good portion of our 2-acre yard is covered under 4-6 inches of oak leaves. We rake an area onto a large tarp, then drag the tarp down to the curb with the tractor. I'm the only one strong enough in the family to dump the tarp at the curb, and then it's back for another load. We repeat that process for 2-3 days until done.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome to all new folk that have joined.

As we say in the venacular of the old country, I'm bleedin knackered and gagging for a kip.

Good night friends.

B
Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Brain, get your contractor's license and go in business.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yes congratulations on 30 days tate.

I walked in early recovery to take my mind off the cravings and that morphed into jogging. I don't go far because of arthritis but it is definitely beneficial

That Bill Shatner eh? What a scamp.

Someone on #startrek50 suggested people in offices should celebrate by pretending to be under attack and rolling from side to side.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Time for me to turn in too

Goodnight gang
Old 09-08-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great work LB!

Hello to all the new folks. Good to see so many wanting that sober Monday as much as I do! Well we are gonna arrive sober together!

I have slept terribly the last 4 days. I always sleep well but anxiety seems to be high. So tonight is the night! I hope.... :|

OK.. See you all in the morning!

K
Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Geeze. ..lost another post.
weasel. ..I haven't been sleeping well either. Maybe something to do with the moon?
2 years and 7 months today since I put the plug in the jug. I can't imagine starting up again, but you never know. That's why I stay close to SR.
Ok...gonna cruise the tv.
oh....tetra....I hate it when I make a mistake at work. I beat the heck out of myself. But we all make mistakes. ...
Old 09-08-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hope you're all sleeping fitfully tonight - I had a few restless nights recently as well. Had a long and draining talk tonight with the ladyfriend. We'd been planning a weekend getaway to the beach, but she kept putting it off. Every weekend it was "sorry, I don't feel like it". It kind of ground my gears, because we'd been planning this for a long time. I started thinking about going alone, but of course I was feeling really anxious about a fight if I did that.

So tonight, like a normal sober person, I called her to discuss my underlying anger about the situation. It started out rocky but it turns out we were on completely different pages - she really didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I was really disappointed and angry. We cleared the air, and also talked about some other issues we needed to discuss. I feel relieved, and tired, after all that.

I also feel proud of myself that I got those things off my chest. Back in my drinking days, I'd have exploded like a nuclear bomb and said horrible things. Instead we talked it out. I'm not a huge fan of "big talks" but it's over now and in the end I think we'll both be much happier and better for it.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

thanks for the comments

WELCOME to all the new riders. stay onboard - "never get out of the boat"

went shopping, picked a head of cauliflower, broccoli and a bag full of chocolate covered pretzels - all the essential vitamins right there...

have a good night,
oh I also picked up a few more stepping stones since the wife has to 'jump' between some of them, might as well do it right - there goes my perfect symmetry , yeah I am one of those types...

our hero....
Old 09-08-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

good job on clearing the air BigS...

haf, maybe it's the moon? the moon is 'half' right now, does that mean you're not sure if you are half awake or half asleep?
Old 09-08-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

My day has finally settled down. Now if the back pain will settle down.

Wonderful intro Ken, as usual. Big congratulations to those who had their first sober weekend.

Wonderful poem Middy.
Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
In it was raining when I woke. I'm geared up for rain but now it appears it can't decide. At least I'm on the train and not driving. As I waited for the train I heard a woman in a car screaming and swearing. Punctuated by "EFF EVERYONE." That would have been me at the end of the day. Hopefully her day gets better.
When I read this I couldn't help but think of the intro to Office Space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzJUemPYeU
Old 09-08-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay BigS! Another one of those nifty benefits of dealing with life sober!

Oh don't start talking about leaves ugh! I love autumn but living in the woods has it's downside! Hope your arm heals quickly U75!

I was on the treadmill after work and found an old playlist that I'd forgotten about! All these old songs I used to listen to a few years ago....most aren't fit for this forum, but this is one of my faves from my Lynyrd Skynyrd phase

https://youtu.be/GsVB2D8v0g8
Old 09-08-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
...holds the key

SU...I'm not sure what the cause of your back pain is and this is NOT medical advice, but turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory that really works wonders! xo
Old 09-08-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Haf congrats on 2 years 7 months!!!
Xo
Old 09-08-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Brynn...I take tumeric (curcumin) as an anti inflammatory. It healed my sore knee and arthritis seems to be gone. I take Bosmeric SR.